My name is Vicki and it's been, hmm, about 2 months since my last instalment.
In all honesty, I just haven't felt the urge to blog as I haven't had anything really that blog worthy to blog about. Hopefully that is changing.
So I went on a quasi-date on Saturday night. Quasi-date being the title as it wasn't really a date, I met up with a guy that I have met via the whole bodybuilding circle a couple of times, and we just went to a pub for some drinks. Well I should throw in here, he went for some drinks (til they wouldn't serve him any more), I decided that I didn't feel like having a big night of drinking and therefore was a little more tame.
Anyway back to the story. So this blog is about dating etiquette. Which apparently doesn't exist these days?!?!
So the guy (let's call him, hmm, Troy*) has a few drinks (fine) and becomes quite the octopus after a few bevvies (not so fine). I am not quite comfortable with mega PDA's on the first date (or any date past the age of about 17). Troy also likes everyone to know he is a bodybuilder. Troy also likes to talk in terms of "us" as though we have been together for an eternity, and as though we are destined to be together because, well, we both compete.
SO - I have compiled a list of "DON'Ts" for first dates:
DON'T:
- Get so drunk that you get asked to leave the pub you are at on said date
- Insinuate that the bouncer (who happened to previously train at your gym) is on steroids, especially in conversation WITH said bouncer
- Remove your top and start flexing. Buddy, I see muscles ALL the time. Not impressed to see yours in a place like a pub.
- Same goes for your posing routine. The people arriving and departing from the car park do NOT need to see your rendition of your 2009 posing routine. And neither do I.
- Assume that your date wants to spend the next 10 weeks dieting WITH you for a comp she is not even doing. OR tell her that she will be cooking you chicken and broccoli in the lead up to said comp.
- Tell your date how hot you think she is, and then follow it up with telling her your friend doesn't think she is hot. Not a good move if you are trying to get a second date - or even just get into her pants.
- Get into your date's car with MUDDY fucking shoes and leave mud ALL OVER EVERYTHING!!
Back to the drawing board for this chook I guess!
*name has been changed...
Oh dear..ahahahaa.. oh well. I don't feel so alone now. what a dufus! How embarrassment!
ReplyDeleteLOL! Sounds like a lovely date ;)
ReplyDeleteWOW He sound soooooo fabulous!!! How can you let that one get away????? hmmm it seems that being an old married Nana does have some good points.... number one being no more Troys*
ReplyDelete*name changed LOL
sorry Vic, but pmsl @ "troy" he sounds like a total dick!
ReplyDeleteBetter luck next time babe. xxx
Hehehe, sounds like a winner there Vicki! haha!
ReplyDeleteThanks gals. At least he provided me with some afterthought amusement..in addition to inspiring me to blog again! I am actually considering going on a second date just for the amusement factor!! lol
ReplyDeletelol vicki, thanks for the laugh. i still can't believe he took his shirt off.
ReplyDeleteoooh hidden camera please on next date...
ReplyDeleteOMG Steph, I was in a state of disbelief at first. After I convinced him to put it back on, it got less funny each time (yes, it happened more than once during our very short night out that seemed to feel a lot longer than it was?)
ReplyDeleteFrankie - I forgot to mention - from about halfway through our glorious time together, I kept thinking to myself that I couldn't wait for you to hear about this...for some reason I KNEW you would understand lol.
PS - the hidden camera is a VERY smart idea...might be onto something haha