Gosh these posts are getting few and far between, seems I always have other stuff to get done! Gee, imagine that - I actually have a life when off season!! hehe
I managed to crawl my way through Sunday, hungover as anything, but I survived. After work I even managed 20 sorry mins on the bike without puking...then off to the shops to pick up a little pressie for my friend Rachael's new baby Chelsea (who was born that morning). I went to see them at the hospital, and my hangover melted away!! She is so tiny, so gorgeous. She was born a lil early (due Christmas day so almost a month) and would have to have been born to the easiest labour I have ever heard of...so much so that Rachael was apparently in labour for 2 days and didn't know it!! Didn't feel the contractions or anything!! Now THAT'S how I want it to be if I ever have kids!! lol
Anyway she is just gorgeous and I can't wait to go visit again tonight after work :)
So onto my week.
On Sunday my back was playing up a little. For those who aren't aware, I have osteo-arthritis in 3 places in my spine. It flares up every now and again. I figured it had flared up due to the alcohol consumption on Saturday night (as alcohol can do shit like that). Monday morning it felt ok so I went and trained back & biceps. By Monday night it was quite sore again. Tuesday woke up feeling ok again, so did a MASSIVE delts session. By Tuesday afternoon I was in a world of pain. Yesterday (Wednesday) I could barely walk by the afternoon and today it's no better. So I have a Dr appt this morning to attend to and I will be off to get some x-rays done on it. I haven't had a follow up x-ray since the diagnosis ones in Feburary last year so I have no idea if it has progressed any....my guess, by the way it feels...is that it may have :(

For those who don't know much about osteo arthritis, it's where the cartlidge in between the bones (which tends to give them smooth edges) wears away, so that it's not a smooth surface any longer, instead they are covered in bony spurs. The cartlidge in the case of the spine also protects the discs in the back, so the bones tend to compress them. Let me just say - when it plays up, it's pretty fucking painful. Like now. I have been dosed up on meds for most of this week (I normally try to steer clear of too much meds but this week there's not much choice) but honestly they aren't doing much to curb it. Oh well - grin and bear it I guess for now til I know more.
Hmm enough whinging. So I have my work (member's) Christmas party tomorrow evening, at our local pub. I actually am really looking forward to it (although I think someone either needs to make sure there is no drink mixing...and no drunk texting!! lol) and Saturday night I have my cousin's engagement party. Sunday I am off to watch some friends in a regional Crossfit Games day, which should be good fun. I haven't actually watched a competition, just watched them training a lot, so can't wait to see them in action! So busy weekend ahead...and off to Melbourne the following weekend!! I can't wait!
Anyway think that's about it. I am sure you will get a post weekend update on my silly drunken antics...hmmm wonder which souls I will be enlightening with my intoxicated knowledge this weekend lol
Til next time, train hard (cos I can't) and be good.
Vic x
hey babycakes, was gonna call u to see how u were going! lol @ u getting plastered hahaha, let the good times roll huh?!
ReplyDeleteI am being good this week and trying to vamp up my prep for March.... do u reckon u will do it still?
mwah xxx
hey gorgeous! great minds huh! lol
ReplyDeletei am still in for march...i have been sticking to one tiny cheat mid week (when i say 'cheat' im referring to a mid-week creamy deli-style yoghurt rather than the low fat, low sugar variety) and a bigger one on the weekends...have managed to stay fairly lean doing this which is good. Am seeing Mike on the 20th and will be starting full-on prep then...
will be awesome to get up on stage together!! woo hoo!
hey how was that weekend of yours??? xx
Hi Vic,
ReplyDeleteMy Osteopath is a bloody genius, I can't recommend him highly enough, you've got nothing to lose...won't bore you with details but my back is pretty stuffed and here I am training like I haven't done for ages with no problems, and hubby was actually told he'd never run again a couple of years ago - and guess what? he runs marathons...
Healthwise Eastwood 98583965 or Healthwise North Sydney 99221399, his name is David Sparavec.
Worth a try.
Hope you're feeling better soon.
xxx
hey vicki, just wanted to tell you that ur last couple of posts cracked me up :) hangovers are a bitch, hope u and ur back are feeling better asap
ReplyDelete