WOW...I can't believe it's been 2 whole weeks since I posted. Lazy shit!! hehe
So...two weeks wrap up (promise it won't be too long!!) The first of those weeks was spent (recovering from a massive weekend)...preparing for having the week off training last week while in Melbourne. I can honestly, hand on heart, say I made the right choice in having last week off. While I gave everything I could in my training sessions, by the last half of that week I was lacking strength and my muscles were screaming for the break. I struggled with weights I normally have no trouble with. What I lacked in weight training sessions I tried to make up for in cardio. I was craving sugar no end and had a bit of a mid week pig out on ice cream (damned sugar fairy...slap that biatch right out lol).
SO...on to better stuff.
Last Saturday I spent the better part of the day working at a supplement store who were having an open day. I had a table set up for taste testing the new Max's choc-banana shake (if you haven't tried it...I recommend it, tastes like banana paddle pops! It rocks!) and their bars and cookies. Was lots of fun, Ray the owner had DJs there and had a free sausage sizzle going etc...was like a little party out the front of his shop. Anyway I pretty much went from there, straight home to be picked up and taken to the airport by my dad. Boarded the plane to Melbourne, only to find I was sitting in a window seat, trapped in by miss 3-going-on-30 year old, and on the other side of her was her mum with a 1 year old on her lap. Wonderful....kids generally aren't renowned for being the calmest flyers in the world, and lets just say my headphones got a workout!! lol
That night me and my brother went to a bar in the city called the Carlton, where one of his soccer mates was having a farewell party as he was moving back to NZ. It is an awesome venue (apart fom walking up 4000 stairs to get in) and there are a few rooftop areas, each with their own bar. We were situated at one of these - it was an awesome place! Met some pretty cool people there and had a good night out. The rest of the week in Melbourne was a blur of catching up with friends and family. There were a few lunches, brunches, dinners, coffees and even a gelato session in St Kilda thrown in. Was great to catch up with everyone.
Training was a non event the entire week (weight training that is). I did not pick up one dumbell, nor did I desire to. It's probably the first time ever that I have not struggled without training. I did do some cardio every day though and finished the week of with a smashing HIIT and plyo's session on Friday when I was back in Sydney.
Nutrition while I was away wasn't strict. I ate as well as I could most of the time but did make a few exceptions. I wasn't anal about dieting, and didn't want to spend the week living out of Tupperware containers while on holidays, nor did I want to have to weigh food and not eat with my brother and sister-in-law while we were home together, so I ate whatever was on the menu. I was a little worried about weigh in yesterday but I didn't put on any weight at all, turns out.
I am off to see Mike this morning to work out my plan for comp season 2010!! I am so excited!! I should also be getting back into the weights today too, will go by what Mike recommends on that one (whether I get back into it today or have a full 2 weeks off). BUT as you would have seen on Tara's blog...IFBB Australasians have been set for the 18 April 2010, which is my next comp...which is 17 weeks today...and 4 weeks after I initially thought they would be, which is fantastic. I am sitting at a good place weight wise, so as long as I don't blow it over Christmas/New year I should be fine to go into full on prep in the new year at say 14 weeks out.
Anyway on that note, I think I have ranted enough. Will update soon (not in 2 weeks), promise!!
Vic x
nice. i have been on my workout break for over 2 weeks. and i just started again yesterday, i know sat is an odd day to start back. but im feeling a lot better now. i think this taking break this is awsome. but then to what measure i wonder. all the best for the comp.. i guess you'd be getting back to the whole diet thing now.. :) all the best!
ReplyDeletea 2 week break... what is that? wow it does sound nice but i dont think that I could do it.
ReplyDelete17wks and counting... well 16 for me ;o) I am so looking forward to coming to Sydney and competing with you and hanging out together. Its gonna be so much fun!!
xxx
Hi Nitin, great to hear you are back to training again. Don't worry about what day of the week you start back up, as long as you do start back up! When you are training hard, rest is just as important as the actual training, so it's good for your body to have a break every so often. I recommend to my clients that they take a week off the gym every 12 weeks. I should take my own advice sometimes but during comp preparation it doesn't quite work out to have a week off after 12 weeks, it's more like after 16-20 weeks! Which is why I try and listen to my body if it needs an extra week recovery.
ReplyDeleteTara...can't wait...BRING IT ON!! We are gonna have a ball. 17 weeks girl...and counting! x