Feels like it's been forever since last post. Probably cos it has. I have been a bad, bad blogger. Soz.
So where to begin. I suppose the best thing to do is prolly start again.
So long weekend has now come and gone - who knows where to, I basically spent the entire weekend procrastinating about doing my uni assignment, which was due today. Yeah I know - which smartass decided that the Monday of a long weekend was ideal for a due date for an essay? Hmm same smarty who made the last assignment due on Easter Monday public holiday would be my guess. So a whole long weekend down the tube cos I couldnt be bothered to pull my finger out for long enough to write 2,500 words of dribble and get it out of the way earlier in life, allowing me to enjoy 3 whole days off work.
Anyway. Nuff bout that.
So - not much happened this weekend. On an upside, I ate ice cream for dinner on Saturday night, and finished off the last of the easter eggs in the house yesterday. So now that the only chocolate I have lying around consists of 2 Freddo Frogs and 2 Blinky Bill chocolates (they are the cheap version of Freddo's really) I don't really have an excuse to eat too much shit through the week.
I have decided to buckle down hard as of today. And today went well.
I have just finished up from having 2 weeks off weight training, and feel awesome for it. Normally I would be going insane, scratching at the walls from the first day of not training. But I definitely needed the rest - it's been a good 5 months or something ridiculous like that since I took a break from training. It actually helped having this time off this time round - believe it or not I actually enjoyed doing cardio most days? Go figure. I am usually trying to make up any excuse to avoid it!!
So I hit the weights today for first day back - and hit them hard. Legs day, straight off the bat. I did lots too - and am already in agony. My legs feel so swollen that my skin feels like it's gonna split open! Good feeling though.
Tomorrow is back day and I can't wait!
So comps are coming up in the next few weeks. Had the first taster of the season last weekend, with the IFBB Australasians, and my first official crack at judging. It was awesome - you really start to see the competitors in a different light when you have to judge. It's very different from being an 'armchair judge' in the crowd, where you normally find a very impressive bodypart on a competitor on stage and find it hard to see past it. Anyway I loved it (although it is very tough!) and hope to have the chance to do more of it soon enough.
SO in 3 weeks there is the INBA Sydneys, one of my girls that I am training is doing that one and also 2 of the girls coming to my posing class will be competing too. Will be great to see them up on stage after all their hard work and watching them through all their changes. I will be working backstage at that comp too though so won't get to see a lot of it from the front view - only from the side of the stage. ANB Sydneys are the week after and I will get to enjoy that one from the crowd. Nothing like comp season to boost the motivation!
Anyway gotta jet - I have a big day tomorrow so need to get myself prepared. It's been lovely and promise not to leave it so long.
xx
Hello there Missy I've been a lil slack in the bloggers world as well! Will you be at FILEX on Saturday? Might see you there chickadee : )
ReplyDeleteHey Hanni!! I feel like I have been so lazy but honestly haven't had anything worthwhile to say. That will be changing now. I have found my mojo too (think all of our mojo's were off on some kind of mojo convention??) so expect more words from me :)
ReplyDeleteAm def going to Filex but not sure if I can make it on Saturday. Working there at the Max's stand on Sunday from 12 and will be there Sat. Will PM you my # on facebook maybe we can catch up over the weekend at some point :)
x