I went to a job interview on Tuesday morning. Not your regular job interview, I might add. A video link interview. Meaning I was interviewed over a TV screen. Was the funniest thing ever - thought it would be very nerve wrecking but was actually pretty cool. Me in one room, looking at a massive TV screen, where on the other side sat my 3 interviewers. Anyway interview went really really well, I walked out feeling pretty confident.
I will cut a long story short and just say that yesterday I got a call to offer me the job.
So I am leaving the fitness industry (well full time in any case - will keep PT'ing on the side) and going back to what I used to do. Only I'm doing it up north.
In Bris Vegas.
I'm moving baby!!! Come 3 weeks time I will be packing my little green machine, Harry, and we will be taking an adventure. I am so excited (but very nervous!!), it's gonna be a massive change...new job, new home, NEW STATE!! BUT I have some fabulous friends up in QLD so that should make things a little easier :)
I haven't told work yet as the bosses were at Filex yesterday (and even though I was too I didn't think it was an appropriate time or place to make such an announcement) so have had to keep quiet on FB. So Monday will be putting in my notice, will work for 2 weeks then take 2 weeks leave to move and get settled before starting the new job on 31 May. It will be very hectic cos in that time I have some of my girls competing in the upcoming comps - the INBA Sydneys will be on the 16th May and the ANB Sydneys on the 23rd...and my plan is to leave Sydney either the 24th or 25th...so will be cramming! In that time I also have a house to pack and try and get some tenants in to rent etc...
HECTIC but EXCITING!
OK change of subject. FILEX weekend...ooohhh how I love it.
I went yesterday for the industry-only day and saw lots of fabbo people and things...and brought home lots of goodies (some paid for, but mostly samples - I think I have enough protein samples to get me through about 6 weeks on a comp-prep style diet!! and pre-workout - I scored big on those too!!)
I am heading back there tomorrow as I am working at the MAX'S stand from 12pm - so if you are around be sure to come and say hi and maybe try out the new Cookies'n'Cream flavoured Muscle Meal Cookies...OMG they are DEVINE!!
I will be heading into Filex earlier than that though to pick up some last minute things (thinking a set of the BSC Compression pants, they are dirt cheap!!) and stock up on some more goodies, God knows I could use them in my drive up North. It's all about forward thinking! hehe
Speaking of which...my move means 2 things:
1. I can now make it to the ASIA PACS!!!
2. I can now make it to the SOUTHERN HEMISPHERES!!
SO...I will be there to cheer you chickies who are competing on!! WOOT Can't wait. Bringing my pom poms with me.
So I think that is all my news for now. Til next time...stay cool and be good xx
Wow congrats Vicki! Huge changes but sometimes that's just what we need.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear more about it!
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <----- I am a tad bit excited can u tell!? hahaha
ReplyDeletemassive hugs on congrats to you. Can't wait to have u up here as a Qlder. welcome to the winning side ;) hehehe
lol that should read of congrats, durrrr
ReplyDeleteWhoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be seeing u at the Asia Pacs then!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting - another Brissie drinking buddy if we time it right ;)
LOL
Fabulous Vicki, I look forward to kicking your butt in RPM if you're out my way...
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! I can't wait ladies (although I am quietly shitting myself too hehe)
ReplyDeleteSelina - I am DEF up for that ;)
Liz, I think I might be....are you the Liz on the Indooroopilly FF timetable (been checking it out already, nothing like being prepared!!) If so, I look forward to getting my butt kicked (in a good way of course lol)
CONGRATS!!!!! on the new job and woooohoooooooooooooo on you coming up here!!!
ReplyDeleteSee you at the Asia-Pacific yay!!!!!
Hey Vic,
ReplyDeleteYes that is me :)
xoxox
Congratulations again hon.
ReplyDeleteAnd I have news! I might be seeing you there sooner than we thought.
Its a mass exodus. Woop Woop!!
xxxxx