Monday, May 10, 2010

Misc.

So, thank you to the fucktards who clearly deliberately posted massive comments in some Asian script. I have now turned comment moderation on, so basically - in a nutshell you won't be making any special guest appearances on here anytime soon. Thanks for dropping by though.

So things are falling into place even moreso now. I was trying to work out storing all my gear etc (furniture and stuff) and dad came up with the idea to sell it...cos, well, storage costs a fortune. And if I decide to get my own place after a while, well moving all my stuff up there is also going to cost a fortune. So enter Facebook. God bless. I advertise on there and BAMN! Within like an hour I am getting emails and phone calls. So this dude came to look at it all yesterday morning and is taking more than half my stuff. Which makes my life so much easier. Was thinking of having a garage sale this weekend but would prefer not to have to, so fingers crossed I won't.

Packing is well..yeah it's packing. The thing with this move that sets it apart from other moves is that I can't take much with me. SO I am literally going through every SINGLE piece of paper in my house to see what is important, what can get chucked, and what can stay in Sydney, stored at my parents place. Anyway so I come across a letter for an old Super fund, saying that they were cancelling part of my policy due to no contributions for a certain period of time. Now, I was still employed by this former employer (not mentioning any names here but let's just say that it was NOT the bank i used to work for and it's NOT my current employer) for about 9 months after the date the letter stated the last contribution was made. So I spent some quality time on the phone with this Super fund this morning, confirming the last date of contribution by this particular employer. And it was as the letter stated. I then spent some more quality time on the phone with the Tax Office making a complaint and launching an investigation into this matter. Now I might add that there are several of my former colleagues in the same boat as me, most of which have complained about this and have also walked out because said employer has not followed through on promises to rectify the situation. Anyway - lesson learnt from this...READ YOUR MAIL VIC!

Um not much else going on aside from that. I taught my last spin class tonight...was a good one too. Some stuff happening on the boy front, wouldnt you know it, just as I am leaving a whole bloody wad of opportunities have opened!! Oh well. Maybe a sign of things to come up North? hehe

Anyway that's about it from me for now. My life is boring and filled with boxes and papers right now. Hopefully this time next week it will be filled with vodka and lemonade.

x

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you are having strange comments...but I gotta say...fucktards...TLMAO... that just gave me such a giggle! I know you are saying it because you are annoyed-but it really just made me think of when I was kid...funny!
    Good luck with the rest of your move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The days are flying by and before you know it you will kicking your feet up in the sunshine state sipping on that vodka and lemonade hehe! Best wishes with selling your goods im sure things will fall into place for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Raechelly...unfortunately I can't take the credit for the word...I believe I owe that to Friday ;) But I gotta admit - I LOVE IT!!

    Hey Hanni...I know, I can't believe how fast it's going. I have less than 2 weeks now til the big move, it's all becoming very real!! Can't wait to be using the voddies as a way to cool me down from the warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete