Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm still alive

Yeah I know, I know, I suck at this consistency thing!! I am hereby making a hand-on-my-heart vow....I will be blogging at least weekly from now. I need to get the accountability up and also just get shit off my chest every once in a while!

So I'm in Bris Vegas, been here for 3 weeks now. Slowly settling in and getting used to the place. I started my new job a couple of weeks ago and it's going awesome. I really missed this kind of work a lot and it didn't take much to get back in the swing of it. My boss has told me she is really happy with the work I am doing already so that is always awesome feedback :)

I have spent every weekend down the Gold Coast (at some point anyway) so far. The first weekend was the Asia Pacifics comp where I got to watch the likes of Fern, Raechelle, Selina, Shannon (and obviously many others) do their thing on stage - and do it FABULOUSLY!

The second weekend I went to the NABBA/WFF Southern Hemispheres, where I got to see Tara, Jeh, Michelle N, Di etc on stage....it was my first time watching a NABBA/WFF comp and the standard just blew me away! It was insane, and so awesome and inspirational to watch.

Then there was last weekend - the long weekend. God bless the Queen. I love that we celebrate her birthday with a long weekend when the Poms don't even get a public holiday for the event - that's true Aussie spirit for ya!! :)
SO my weekend was spent on the Goldie again - for the whole weekend. My bestie, Meegan, flew up on Friday night from Sydney and stayed til Monday night. We stayed at a friend's apartment in Burleigh Heads which is currently vacant, and had a ball. Friday night we didn't get there til about 8pm so headed straight for dinner to a Thai restaurant, it was lovely and we washed it down with a really nice drop of red. Saturday we headed into Surfers and got some pampering done, then caught up with one of our old schoolmates who has moved to the Gold Coast. He had some friends from Noosa down for the weekend too so we all caught up for a bite to eat and a few bevvies at Titanium bar, which overlooks the water in Surfers. It is such an awesome spot! That night we headed back in and had a pub dinner then met up with an old friend of mine, Nick, who also moved up to Surfers a few years back. A great night it was and was so good to catch up with everyone on Saturday.
Sunday was spent shopping, we went to Robina Town Centre and shopped, shopped, shopped. We had dinner at the Hard Rock and then went into Broadbeach for coffee after dinner. Up early on Monday morning (well I was anyway) to watch the Socceroos get annihilated by Germany :( and then a run along the beach. I ran from Burleigh all the way to Nobby's beach and back, which included 2 big hill sprints and stair runs (down then up 100 stairs or so). Monday we went into Surfers for me to get my new ink done...I got a cross on the back of my neck. I LOVE IT!! Then we went for more retail therapy at Pacific Fair, and then back to Burleigh for Cold Rock on the beach. It was such an awesome weekend - am so grateful to have a bestie who came up to keep me company over the long weekend.

SO...what else...OH...comp prep starts again next week. Prepping for the IFBB's - Aussie titles and undecided about the QLD titles which is the week earlier. I have a new coach and am stoked to say that I will be training under the FABULOUS Dianne Hunt - I can't wait to get cracking!

So I think that brings me up to date in posts...lol...and I SWEAR I will post more often!!

So til next time...train hard, play hard, and be good xx

No comments:

Post a Comment