Saturday night, and two weeks in a row I am at home...and I haven't even started prep yet!!
I am not quite sure where this week went but it just seemed to fly by. I always find that as the year goes on, the time seems to go by quicker and quicker.
It's been a pretty good week training wise. Those who are FB friends with me or are over on Lindy's Forum will prob have read about my little bout of muscle soreness earlier in the week. On Monday morning I was training legs, and there was a fire in the building my gym is in, so we got evacuated mid-workout. I was in the 2nd last set of my 2nd last exercise when we were evacuated. By the time we were allowed back in I had no time to finish - had to have a quick shower and get to work. I might throw in here for good measure that I was very tempted to exaggerate to work the length of time the evacuation went for, finish training, and head in a bit late - or call in sick - but me being me, and having my conscience - well that kind of stuff just doesn't eventuate!! Anyway I figured that I would just finish the workout off when I went back after work for cardio - only when I got there, it seemed pointless doing 4 sets of one exercise. SO - I figured I would just do the entire workout from scratch. And being the bright spark I clearly am - I even thought I would increase some weights and set some new PB's on leg press, leg extensions and seated hamstring curls. Smart, Vic. Real smart. Anyway did a bit of walking after the workout to flush the legs and did extra stretching as I knew that I had exerted myself beyone my usual standard. Did it do any good? Not much. By mid-morning Tuesday - I couldn't even lift my feet off the floor. No shit. I actually spent the day SHUFFLING around the office, kinda like a penguin. I ended up booking in for a leg massage that night as I couldn't take the pain in my quads and the anterior tib (front part of the calf, along the shin bone). Oooouuuccchhhh it was NASTY!! hehe
Anyway massage seemed to do the trick cos I was able to do the stepper on Wed night.
So anyway that was the highlight of my week (I lead a sad life, yeah?) lol. OH - one more highlight - after said leg massage I went to check out a new share accommodation place and LOVED it. There were others checking it out too so wasn't sure if I would get it or not - but Sharleen, the girl who lives there, called on Thursday to ask me if I still wanted to move in! YAY! So I went and handed the forms into the real estate today and all being OK I move in next weekend.
I also booked flights today to Sydney for 2 weeks time. I am surprising my mum, whose birthday is next weekend (but I am moving so can't be there on the right day) and also my cousin Dani who has been my biggest supporter over the last few years and makes an effort to come to as many of my comps (and other functions) as humanly possible - it is her 30th party that weekend. She has been organising this night for about 6 months, she has hired out a function room in an exclusive bar and has a theme 'A night at the Mansion' and I was spewing that I was going to miss it....BUT not so anymore. I am not telling her I am going (she was disappointed I wasn't gonna be able to make it), I messaged her bestie today and asked her to discreetly add me to the door list if possible....I so can't wait to surprise 2 of the most important people to me :)
Hmmm so prep starts in a day and a bit - and I am a bit excited. Was going to finish my off season by eating everything I crave while dieting - but guilt got the better of me. I kept today to one cheat - had clean food all day and ate ice cream for dinner (no shit, I actually got a take home tub of Rocky Road; Coconut and Peanut butter chocolate from Baskin Robbins and ate it for dinner); and will prob have a cheat tomorrow (chocolate? or nutella? or pizza? not sure yet)...and then GAME ON!
Anyway I think I have done a fair bit of ramble this post so will leave it at that for now...
So til next time - train hard and be good x
Mmmm, drooling as I read everything you've eaten! That will be me next week and you'll be drooling over what I've eaten ;)
ReplyDeleteThat's such a lovely surprise for your cousin and Mum, her theme sounds awesome! Is it dress up as well? Love a dress up party ;)
Good luck with your prep, I have a totally new respect for comp prep after the way I trained and ate this last week, you chicks are machines!!
Haha yeah it was yummy. The girl working at BR suggested putting choc fudge in between each layer - can I just say what a bloody brilliant idea that was!! It was divine!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to get my butt to Sydney and surprise them both. Yeah the party is a dress up one. Dani is obsessed with all things Playboy and was telling me she has life size cut outs of Hugh Heffner, Holly and a few of the other bunnies - the theme is more of a cocktail theme. I actually picked up a gorgeous top on Friday which will be perfect for it too :)
And finally thanks for the encouragement and support. Yep comp prep is not for the feint hearted, trust me!! BUT if I didn't love it I wouldn't do it so to me the hard yards are worth it in the end.
xx
lol @ the icecream for dinner! ur post reminded me how the day after my comp i made 'dessert pizzas' with nutella and chocolate bits on them.... best wishes for your prep!!
ReplyDeleteBaskin and Robbins for dinner - good idea :) should do it more often!
ReplyDeleteMmmm Steph nutella pizzas AND nutella crepes are THE BOMB! They will definitely feature as a cheat meal in the near future ;)
ReplyDeleteOh Liz - I haven't had BR for a couple of years and forgot how good it is!! Mmmmm and couldn't agree more about the doing it more often - but that will have to wait a few months now!