OMG. How fricken hot has it been! Not that I am complaining at all, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the heat. I would swap winter for endless summers ANY day. In fact I have purposely done many an overseas holiday to the Northern Hemisphere just to miss winter :)Thursday was a bit of a scorcher, I think it reached about 38 degrees where I am, but I worked through most of it so didn't feel it too much. In fact in the gym because the air con is cranked right up, I spend most of my days in a jacket - much to the amusement of anyone entering the gym and escaping the outside temperatures. The gym was abso-bloody-lutely D.E.A.D on Thursday, and I am assuming the heat was to blame.
Yesterday was even hotter. It was in the low 40's...melting temperatures. I got up and trained early even though it was my day off work - figured I would get the training done before it got too hot. Smashed out a rip-snorter of a chest/shoulders/tris session...LOVE it. Then I went home to eat, have a nap in front of the air con, etc... The plan was to take my white butt to the beach and hopefully get some colour...however I quickly decided that I probably wouldn't be the smartest person in the world to by lying out in the sun in such hot weather. So I stayed home and spent lots of quality time with my loungeroom (where the aircon is lol). I even put up my Chrissy tree :) YES I know it's not December yet but, I justify it in the following ways:
- It was too hot to be anywhere other than my lounge room, therefore I was smart to do things that needed to be done in there;
- Christmas trees are so pretty and make you feel all cheery. Why limit that to a measly month?
- I spent the last 3 years living in Newtown, and anyone who knows Newtown knows how cramped the houses/terraces are. I had no room for a Christmas tree and therefore went for THREE Christmases without one. So dammit, I want to enjoy having one up for as long as possible this year!
- Christmas trees take sooooo bloody long to erect and dismantle that I want it to be up long enough to be worth the fricken effort!!
So once it had cooled down slightly, mainly thanks to the galeforce winds we had (WTF!!) in the afternoon, I took myself off to the supermarket as I needed to stock up on some grocery items. Anyway I got there and decided I needed a caffeine hit so took myself off to Gloria Jeans for my regular long black with a dash of soy (yep, even in this heat...) and bumped into one of my girlfriends. Now this friend of mine was one of my best mates, I was even Maid of Honour at her wedding 6 years ago, but we have fallen a bit out of touch in the last year or two. She moved out of the area a few years back, and I can't even tell you the last time I actually saw her, so bumping into her was great. We had coffee together and then I ended up going back to her mother's place (that's where she was coming from, she was visiting there for the afternoon and her 3-and-a-half year old twin girls were there). OMG they have gotten so so so big and cute, they speak so well and copy everything the other does. We also organised for me to go to a bbq at their place after work next Sunday - I can't wait to have a proper catch up with her and her hubby, who I also love to death.
I am at work at the moment (it's like 39 today and I am in here with jacket on again), finish at 4 today and then off to our staff Christmas party tonight. We are off to a Greek restaurant that specialises in parties...ie after the food is over, they clear the tables out of the way and it turns into a night club. So YAY for yummy Greek food while not dieting and YAY for cowboy shots (did I say that out loud??) and YAY for dancing the night away :-)
Stay tuned for the messy photos...
Til next time, train hard and be good
Vic x
No comments:
Post a Comment