So things are plodding along nicely for what feels like a very nice change this year!! Training is going well, nutrition is going well, headspace is going well...and it's OFF SEASON!! When I think of where I was at last year, one week after the last comp for the year...I think I was about 7kg heavier than comp. And about a week after that I was about another 5kg heavier. It went on so fast, but on reflection I was justifying shovelling a LOT of shit down my throat with excuses like "I've earnt it", "I've worked so hard, I deserve it". Really? Does anyone deserve to eat about 3,000 calories in one sitting (which is what I would estimate I consumed the night of the last comp, in the space of about 3 hours...and no unfortunately that is *not* an exaggerated figure). Does anyone deserve to cram pizza, ice cream, chocolates, lollies and pasta in excessive quantities down their throat pretty much all day, every day for a week or two, straight? Or go to a certain ice-creamery week after week and eat an entire take home pack of ice cream with add-ins in one sitting...and then go back for seconds? Sure it was funny at the time...but the reality is that the headfucks that followed for most of this year was definitely not worth the indulgence (binge?) at the time. I am not against allowing guilty pleasures...not in the least (in fact I indulged last night but more on that later) but this year I have decided that my new favourite word is moderation.
SO...I am sticking to a mild cheat mid-week (when I say mild cheat i mean like a small treat, if i feel like banana bread for brekkie one morning or something...) and then a full cheat meal on the weekend. It's working for me, I am still sitting 2.5kg above stage weight.
Anyway enough of the serious stuff. I took me to a friend's Halloween party last night and cut loose properly. Knowing that I was going to be a very cheap drunk given that I can count how many nights on the piss I have had this year on one hand (God things have changed...I have probably been out drinking this year the amount of times I used to go out drinking in one week once upon a time!! lol) I thought I would take some lollywater drinks with me... my usual drink of choice once upon a time would have been JDs or beer but I don't think I could handle any of that right now!! haha...So I discovered these pomegranite vodka cosmos...YUMMO!! And for the first time in my life I was a VERY cheap drunk...I felt tipsy on ONE!! So imagine me after 4 of them plus a cup of Sangria...mmm yep Vic was drunk lol. The friend who was throwing the party works at Fernwood, the first gym I worked at, and I loved all the girls there. It was awesome to catch up with a few of them, I haven't seen them in AGES! There was loads of yummy treats there...Rasha (party thrower) is quite the cook and her and her flattie had spent the day making homemade sushi rolls, quiche slice, pastizzis, chicken and beef sausages, veges with homemade dips, mini cupcakes etc...not to mention the malteser and jaffa bowls scattered around the place...mmm yum!!
Anyway all in all it was a good night but I can't do it like I used to...I was bloody exhausted by like 10pm!! I soldiered on a few more hours though :) Only one way to get back in the swing of things, and with the Festive Season coming up God knows I need to pull my finger out!! hehe
Trained legs today, did a bit of cardio and spent time writing some diets and programs for clients...and sleeping (yep, Nanna over here still needed to recover from last night haha)...let's just blame the Sydney heat for that one lol.
Anyway big week coming up work-wise, we are a couple of staff members down so will be pulling in some OT shifts, so on that note gonna get myself ready for some snoozing :)
So til next time, train hard and be good.
Vic x
So glad to hear you are handling the off season well Vicki.. I can't wait to have another crack at my off-season next time too :)
ReplyDeleteglad to hear that you let your hair down at the party Vic!! how were u feeling yesterday ;o) xxx
ReplyDelete