Thursday, October 29, 2009

Blue porridge and newfound mojo

Gosh I so don't know where to start. I think last post was post-comp day, and I was still going back to watch the boys divisions (and female physique) on Sunday. Sunday's lineups were nothing short of bloody unreal. The quality of all the divisions was second to none, and there were some very tight calls to be made...glad I wasn't judging. My mate Mark won a very tight competition to take out the Under 80kg NSW & Aussie title, it was obviously very close between him and the second-place getter. Mike my old coach took 3rd in NSW in the Over 90kg division and 3rd also in the Aussie Over 100kg (Super Heavyweight) division. The womens' physique lineup was bloody awesome too, with a very ripped Kahla Bullemor (spelling?) taking it out - she was super conditioned!!

The entertainment was good again with Ronnie gracing the stage for an interview again (went a bit long though, especially when they were asking mostly the same stuff as they had on the Saturday) and tearing up the stage (and crowd) with his posing routine. All in all it was a great weekend of competition and I am so glad I chose IFBB over ANB in the end.

We headed into Brighton-Le-Sands after Sunday's show to grace a place called Bay Vista, famous for it's ice-creams served in fishbowl-sized glasses...only to find it had closed down!! That sucked...however in some ways was probably a good thing as I was scheduled to do a photo shoot on Monday and probably wouldn't have looked any good with a belly full of ice cream!! LOL... Most of the others ordered burgers and pizzas...I can't believe this but I ordered a grilled chicken salad!! LOL...BUT it was made up of things like marinated, grilled capsicum, artichoke, eggplant, sundried tomato and topped with goats cheese...see pics. It was bloody delish and I didn't even finish it!!



Monday morning I did the photo shoot and had some fun...although I am a bit camera shy (DEF never make a good model, even if I had the looks I would suck at it haha). Can't WAIT to see the pics! From there I headed out to my friend's gelato shop, Giotto Gelato, for the only real cheat meal I have had since comp....a MASSIVE bowl of gelato...5 scoops of pure heaven. I even got to finally try the new flavour he made while I was dieting that I named... PEANUTELLA...that's right...peanut butter with swirls of nutella...DOES IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT!!!

I have been hitting the training again with a new found passion. I have obviously cut back from my 8,000 cardio sessions a week down to one a day, 30-40 mins...and weights down to a 4 day split. I am loving it. Even hit the sprints/stairs this morning :)

And the blue porridge from the title of this post? See pic...this was this morning's brekkie after my stair runs. I have been enjoying adding simple stuff like apple and berries back to my diet...this morning I chopped up half an apple and added a handful of blueberries to my eggy oats..and this is how it turned out...BLUE!! It was divine!!

And lastly...I am happy to report that since I haven't splurged more than the gelato, and pretty much went back to clean eating straight away, I am sitting a measly 2.5kg above stage weight :) AMAZING, given that stage weight is dehydrated, depleted weight. I intend to keep it not much more than this over summer...bikini body here I come!!

So kids, til next time, train hard and be good.

Vic x

3 comments:

  1. My oats go purple too from my blueberries, looks funky but it tastes great! I also put ground cinnamon and vanilla paste in mine. *yummy* xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my blue eggy oats!!! I have it with cinnamon too and add a dashof sugar free maple syrup nuom nuom.. so glad you are feeling great and had a great weekend!!! Yeah I do like the IFBB lots.. trying to work out my schedule for next year and IFBB is pretty close to the top..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm yum! Had them again today and added vanilla extract and cinnamon :) Thanks ladies!!
    Cath, my 2 very first comps were IFBB and I really like competing with them...slightly disorganised on the day but I like the federation as a whole and always good fun :)

    ReplyDelete