Thursday, October 1, 2009

INBA NSW / Aussies

So - post comp report from the INBA NSW Titles.
It was a bloody huge day, and loads of running around involved. I turned up at 10am to help set up and drew a short straw somewhere, as I got the share-job of taping plastic to all the walls and floors backstage - SUCKY job!! hehe Aah well someone had to do it, may as well have been me. The show was due to start at 1pm and competitors started arriving at about 12ish, along with some spectators. Which would have been fine, HAD THE RSL STAFF SET UP THE REQUESTED AMOUNT OF TABLES!! Noone had noticed prior to then, though, given how busy everyone was, and because they had also neglected to put the table number signs on the tables - so we didn't realise there weren't enough tables til it was too late. Man, what a shamozzle. I tried to remain calm, despite being yelled at by unhappy spectators about their lack of table...just kept taking a few deep breaths and trying to set some more up as quickly as possible. Got there eventually but given it was a sold out show (plus people who didnt get seats and had to stand) it was a bit frustrating. Then there were a few competitors who either turned up late, or didn't realise they actually had to come get their name ticked off at the registration desk to say they had arrived (and hand their routine music in)...
There were soooo many competitors - about 90...I think by comparison the same show last year pulled about 30 competitors...hmmm could it be the looming Olympia?? lol... It was great though - in the Sydney titles in May, there was one female physique competitor - this time round there was NINE!! which was awesome to see!! The standard of competitors across all of the divisions was awesome - lots of hard work had obviously been put in by all in the lead up. Unfortunately due to the new one-show format (it's always been 2 shows in the past in NSW/Sydney comps) and the high number of competitors, the times for the running order of the show had been underestimated and it ran WAY behind schedule. But it's all a learning curve, and all in all it was a great show. Congratulations to EVERYONE who got up on that stage, everyone in the show, no exceptions, was in prime condition.
Unfortunately given that my job was to make sure the competitors got on stage and also cue the music people for all routines/posedown music etc I was stuck backstage the entire day and only got to see the show from the side of the stage (was a great view point though but didn't make for good pics) so I only managed to get a few backstage shots, not actual competition shots. And also unfortunately for some reason I can't locate my bloody USB cable to upload them!! BUT - I am off to Melbourne this weekend (WOO HOO) where I plan to take more shots, and my brother who lives there has the same camera as me so will use his cable and make sure I get some piccies of both the NSW and Aussie titles on here!!
SO I better jet, got lots of cleaning to do as my cousin is house and puppy sitting for me...
Til next time, train hard and be good,
Vic x

PS - 9 days til my stage day!! WOOO HOOOO BRING IT ON BABY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment