Saturday, October 24, 2009

Post Comp Report

So it's all done and dusted now. Day One of the IFBB NSW/Aussies are over and I got up on that stage and strutted my stuff :)

So after all that they ended up putting short and tall class together (there were only 2 in the tall - gee, wonder if they new height cut-off had much to do with that!?!) and 7 in short, so in the end there were 9 in the lineup. Great line up I might add :) There were girls I have known for a few years and also a few that I have admired for some time so how could I be disappointed with that! Anyway cut to the chase - I didn't place in the Aussies but got 3rd in the NSW division to Jodie Casey (1st) and Rebecca Michich (think that's the spelling - 2nd). So was pretty happy to bring some silverware home, given 2 days ago I was leaning more towards pulling out than getting up there!! Sara Picken-Brown took out the Aussie Open Figure title, with Kylie Bruno and Dianne Hunt placing 2nd and 3rd (I am pretty sure that's who got 2nd and 3rd!!).

My great friend Cath took 3rd in the Aussies Master Figure category, so all in all it was a fab day :) We had loads of fun and I got to catch up with lots of friends. And I just loved Ronnie. I couldn't give a rat's if he is off season, the guy is a bloody unit and I thought he was great! And his wife took part in the interview he gave on stage too, she was awesome too.

Anyway here are a few piccies, will upload all into facebook if you wanna see them :)





After it was over, we went for coffee and while the others were into the lattes, white choc mochas and chillers - all I could stomach after the sugar overload today was a long black with a dash of soy!! On the way home I stopped at my new local Thai restaurant that I have been hanging to try out as I was starving but couldn't be bothered to cook. I was still feeling the effects of the sugar high from today so just wanted something as healthy as possible so opted for chicken & veggies in ginger...stir fried in water, no oil!! Not even rice to go with it. Highly unusual for me, who only ever wants pizza or pasta and ice cream post-comp...not tonight!! lol. I might mention tho that we are going back to watch the boys divisions tomorrow and heading out to a famous dessert place in Brighton-Le-Sands after that for ice cream... hopefully my appetite will come back!! hehe

Anyway better jet off...early start again tomorrow and am DYING to scrub the dream tan off and get into bed.

SO til next time, train hard and be good, Vic x






3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Congrats Vicki! That's fabulous news! Well done! You go girl xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey babe, congrats!!!!! i'll stick my head into facebook later to see the rest of the pic. enjoy u day!!! oh and icecream ;o)

    mwah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Vicki!! Will check out the photos shortly xx

    ReplyDelete