WARNING: PRE COMP RANT AHEAD!!
Some days it's just harder to push through than others. So far this week, every day has become increasingly harder to push through. I am struggling to get up of a morning and do my cardio, struggling to get to the gym after brekkie to train, struggling to use my dinner break to do some more cardio, and then to stay back and do even more after work. Mostly - I am struggling to keep my bloody eyes open most of the time!! One more week and ahhhh...relax...
I have been managing 3-4 cardio sessions plus one weights session a day (don't worry the cardio isn't like an hour long each time, in general it's between 30-40 mins and totals about 2 hours a day...I just find that to fit it into my day, and maintain sanity, I need to break it up into smaller spurts...plus I physically can't do more than that at a time with all the freaken stair runs I have been doing every day, my legs are not in their happiest state at the moment!!)
Anyway the finish line is now in sight, this is the bit (believe it or not) that I love but also the bit I find most challenging. Living on a diet consisting of eggwhites with cauliflower (thanks Steph for that idea!) for breakfast and then 5 meals of chicken and asparagus brings out a new form of discipline in me, and while water loading I try to remember how bad it feels to be dehydrated come comp day so I try to enjoy drinking so much water. I might throw in here though - last year when I did the asparagus thing for a week straight, a lot of my PT clients referred to 'asparagus wee' and made loads of jokes about it. I had no idea what they were on about - apparently only about 40% of people have the smell receptors to pick up on the scent that is asparagus wee. Well, people, let me tell you...I have discovered that it is possible to develop those smell receptors later in life. And boy have I developed them. FUCK ME. Nothing could have prepared me for that shit - it's in a class of it's own. It is rank. And drinking like 7L of water a day, one can imagine how many times a day I have the pleasure of smelling this shit.
On that note, I am off to drink some more water...
Til next time, train hard and be good, Vic x
pmsl Vic!! asparagus wee ain't the best is it!
ReplyDeleteHang in there it will be worth it. Oh and have a brilliant weekend!!!
hugz xxx
Keep on keeping on Vicki, your soooooo close!!
ReplyDeleteShar x
Hehe... you're a crack up Vicki! Keep pushing on girl, SO close! You know what the prize is, so keep your eye on it... that satisfied feeling will make it all worthwhile and we are all cheering for ya xoxo
ReplyDeletehahaha, classic... Better than asparagus sh!t I guess....
ReplyDeleteI've heard too much of that stuff can irritate your kidneys, so maybe keep en eye out if you get a little pain on your lower back. Good luck! Kick ass :)
Thanks guys, I try my hardest lol ;)
ReplyDeleteI have been mixing it up a little over the weekend with other vegies but def onto the asparagus only from wednesday. I really wish there was some way I could have prepared for the stench though...come Wed maybe I will invest in one of those nose pegs the synchronised swimmers wear? Might look a little strange at work (or anytime I leave the house for that matter!!)
Thanks for the words of encouragement - 5 days (well 4 really cos today's nearly over!) but have to refrain a lil on the post comp cheat as am doing a photo shoot on Monday...I think I'll be hitting mum up for a good bowl of home made pasta Monday night!!
Ali - thanks for the warning! I am one of those cautious types and worry if I start feeling any kind of abnormal pain...