Man have I been a bit of a slack ass lately in blog land. Seems like I never have a chance to sit down for more than 5 mins at a time and do it, between comp prep (training like a trooper), dieting, cooking, working and traipsing around the place watching shows (call it research / inspiration / obsession / whatever!!)
So I headed down to Melbourne for the long weekend. I literally finished work 9pm Thursday night and my good mate Cathy 'Buddha' M'Gee met me at work at closing time. We went to my place, I threw together a suitcase (literally - I packed an entire suitcase and wore about 3 things from it the whole time I was away), got about hmm, 3? hours of shut eye, then got picked up by my mum at 2.30am for the roadtrip to Melbourne. What a trip it was. With me water loading and both me and Cath comp dieting - let's just say we stopped pretty much every hour on the hour for a food and wee break!! Must have been a sight at 6am at Maccas with the two of us pulling out our Tupperware container, oats, measuring cup, protein powder, Glutamine and asking for a cup of boiling water to cook the above with hehe...
We made it safe and sound and dropped Cath off to where she was staying, before heading off to my brother's place. Was nice to get out of the car and stretch (and use a non-rest area bathroom!!) Didn't do much on Friday night apart from DVD's with mum, my brother and sister-in-law, and dinner of course. I was doing another trial run for comp week so got to have a nice big glass of red with dinner - OMG I felt DRUNK halfway through!! Was a great drop too, which made it even better.
Saturday morning got up nice and early and headed out for brekkie with mum and Joe (Rachel had to work, poor thing - some fire training crap she had to go in for)... I had decided to give fat loading a trial so got to have a BIG BREKKIE...mmm bacon, eggs, sausage, grilled tomato, all mopped up with a hash brown...can't tell you how good it was!! Back to Joe's and did about 40mins of upper body resistance to see what kind of pump I got from the fats...didn't work as well as the carbs do for me. Oh well, it was a tasty way to find out!!
Got picked up by Cath and another friend Mick to go to the comp and due to me having worked at the NSW comp, INBA were nice enough to give me VIP reserved seating at the show. WOOT!!! It was an amazing show, such a high standard across the board (it is a nationals though!) and was sooo awesome to meet some of the ladies from blogland/Lindy's Forum (eg Lia and Rae), plus some of those infamous Facebook personalities. I helped Cath with her tanning and pumping up (threw in a little karaoke backstage, thought they needed some entertainment) but aside from that got to watch the entire thing from start to finish. And it has PUMPED me baby!!
Anyway the show went pretty late and afterwards me, Cath, Mick, my friend Luke and two of his mates headed out for a bite to eat - the boys had been talking about a place on Lygon St that does 1kg steaks (exactly what you want to eat after 3months of dieting!!) so we headed there. The boys got their steaks, Cath got a well-deserved parma, and I ate my grilled chicken and salad!! hehe can tell who didn't compete on the day! Afterwards we found a little gelato shop (or maybe not so little? had about 100 flavours!) and Cath got her dessert. I didn't make it back to Joe's til after 2am...and that's only cos I didn't realise it was daylight savings!!
Anyway I won't bore you with the rest of the Melbourne details (not boring for me but I am sure you have read enough already). I am back now and in full swing of Peak Week...I can't believe it is 3 days til I am on stage. I have water loaded and am now dropping it...down to 1.5L today from 6L yesterday. I am sooo thirsty and could eat a horse...my eating intervals just don't seem to come around quick enough!! Oh well not long...carb loading starts tomorrow and I CAN'T BLOODY WAIT!!
Anyway better jet...am at work ;) so better actually do some of that!
Til next time, train hard and be good xx
hey there!!!!
ReplyDeletei changed the name of my blog:
fitgreengoddess.blogspot.com
xo tina