This is the debate I am having with myself. Yes, 2 and a bit days out. I am contemplating pulling the pin. I do this every comp season - get to comp week and feel so not ready to get on stage but it's normally carb depletion talking, not being able to see myself realistically and feeling flat, bloated etc...but I really think this time that I am being more realistic than ever before. I really don't feel like I should be getting up on that stage this weekend, I really, honestly don't feel ready. I don't know if it's cos I feel so headf*cked from the Central Coast comp but I don't feel I am looking stageworthy (or stage-ready). I don't want to be that girl on stage that people are talking about that isn't in comp condition. I do also know, though, that whilst in a state of depletion I shouldn't make any rash decisions, and therefore I will hold out until I am carbed up, tanned up, and water depleted to make a final call.
It has clearly been a week of ups and downs (mostly downs unfortunately) and I think I am also very exhausted. Being on a diet of pretty much nothing but chicken and green veg, with up to 2 hours cardio + 45ish mins weights a day I feel like doing nothing but sleeping - and given the chance would do so quite easily at any given time!
Anyway I am sure I will start to feel better tomorrow when the carbs make a reappearance in the diet and the tan starts to bring out some definition in the currently pasty, white bod...
OK rant over. Just needed to get some of this off my chest...
As for my decision, stay tuned...Vic
go see someone you trust or take some pictures and e mial them to someone you trust.
ReplyDeleteAsk for honesty and be prepared if the judgement is not to compete, if it is to compete, trust anothers judgement and go with it.
Shar x
Vic, you poor thing, I feel so sorry for you as I can see what you must be going through. I had the same thoughts after my first comp (and I'd never even done it before!!!!), so I can't even begin to imagine how you would be feeling right now... I guess you really have to forget about others and just decide if YOU will be happy with yourself if YOU pull out... cause in the end, NO ONE else's thoughts but yours' matter... and I've been experiencing that a LOT lately :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your decision. You have my support either way XOXO
Shar's on the money - get a second opinion.
ReplyDeleteGood on you for being able to recognise carb-depletion and exhaustion as factors anyway. I bet a lot of silly decisions are made by people at this point...
I'll triple that! (re-Kek & Shar)...you need an unbiased opinion!
ReplyDeleteYep-many crazy thoughts go through ones head comp week!
Good luck girl!
Totally agree with the girls.. get a TRUSTED 2nd opinion after you have carbed up and tanned!!! ANd listen to your gut feeling... You will know deep down if you are ready...
ReplyDeleteHUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey babe, how r u feeling today? xxx
ReplyDelete