SO....first comp is officially done and dusted now. I am not overly happy with how it went, I missed the mark on my conditioning. I am trying to work out how it went wrong as I was very happy with how I was looking on Saturday night. Unfortunately I woke up (if you can call it that) Sunday morning looking flat and watery. NOT what I wanted. It didn't get any better either - if anything probably got worse. I had a very bad "sleep" on Saturday night, and in fact I use the word "sleep" very loosely as I probably got a total of one hour in if you add all the broken bits up together. I have since heard this can make you hold fluid? Anyway no matter what it was, I wasn't in form on Sunday and I knew while up on stage for prejudging that I was not in the running for a place. My initial reaction when I got off stage was to be a bit upset - but at the end of the day I knew I wasn't at my best, and if I can't learn from the not-so-good times then I am in the wrong sport. So onwards and upwards, I need to focus hard on the next comp, in 2 weeks. I need to hit the cardio hard and harden up more. So I got up this morning and hit the stairs for a 45min killer session. Home for brekkie (and to post this of course) and back to the gym to throw a few weights around and follow it up with some more cardio. Then I plan on doing a HIIT session after work tonight. This is it baby - FOCUS TIME!!
I have posted some piccies from around the traps, and my cool "i have a new massive back" shot hehe....
First pic...me and my fabulous friends Cathy and Timmy:
Shot 2 - me and the other Vicki (one of the most fun women I have ever met!!):

Probably the only stage photo I don't feel like a heiffer in hehe:

And finally my new back...hehe...

Til next time, train hard and be good!
Vic x
Too bad-but at least, like you say, you can learn. It is so amazing the way the body works...too bad it didn't wait until Monday to throw you off! :-)
ReplyDeleteOMG had a very similar experience, I completely understand how your feeling.
ReplyDeleteAt least you have another shot at it this year :-)
Hugs,
Deb xxx
Sorry you didn't have the best experience, Babe... but as you say, you just have to take what you can from the experience and hopefully it'll make you better in the long run.
ReplyDeleteI love the bikini Vic, just beautiful. I think I'm going to add the pic of your back to my inspiration a
ReplyDeletewall if that's ok!!!! Es
Hey Raechelle, I know!! Would you believe though that I woke up looking like I could get on stage today though. Bloody Murphy and his law!!! hehe
ReplyDeleteDeb - what happened? I am still trying to catch up with everyone (think there were 4 billion shows on this weekend)...I am keeping my fingers crossed that I come in better for the Nationals...I am off to a good start with 3 awesome cardio sessions and a weights session done and dusted today. Here's hoping!
Kek, thanks for your words...but you know what? It happens. We can't have a good experience every time...need stuff like this to appreciate the good days more!!
Esme - thank you :) Jo Rogers made it and it is definitely my fave of all 6 bikinis I own...stunning. I got so many comments on it yesterday. And I am flattered about the inspiration wall! I would be honered :)
I think you look absolutely gorgeous...
ReplyDeleteThat bikini!!
You've done an amazing job on yr back.
You should be proud.
xx
Love your hair and make up and that red on you, you look so pretty Vicki!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your bad experience, but you sure do have a great attitude and no matter what you are a winner for getting up there! Go you! And all the best for your 2nd comp... my 2nd one was a bazillion times better than my first one, so I wish the same for you... you look great and I hope to see some more photos, keep up the good work girl xoxo