So another week over with...and another weekend with it :( Suffering pre-Monday-itis tonight and really CBF at the moment! Hmmm must be drawing towards the end of the year!! lol
Training and nutrition have been really good this week. The tummy bug kinda stuck around for a little longer than I had hoped, but mostly in the form of nausea and sporadic tummy cramps. So I soldiered on with my training and ate well all week. Thursday morning I did a rip-snorter of a leg session. I know it was a rip-snorter session cos the DOMS kicked in, hmm, maybe a couple of hours after training. And the session-type was confirmed when on Friday evening, some 36 hours later, my legs were still visibly swollen. And further confirmation was granted when I realised just how much fluid retention was going on, when it literally felt like the skin around my calves was going to split open. Now we are talking 11pm Friday night I was in agony. The training session took place on Thursday morning at 6am. The fluid was gone by Saturday morning (OK maybe with the aid of some pre-bed herbal diuretics) and back down to normal weight, which I was stoked about. Leg DOMS subsided by Sat evening, just in time for me to give them a caning again this morning ;)
On a personal note, weekend was pretty good. Aside from the shit of having to work Saturdays (it sucks having a split weekend, my days off are Friday/Sunday....WARNING - RANT TIME... I usually waste Fridays as all my mates are at work during the day, so I tend to not really do much with my day. Friday nights I usually spend at home as I have to get up super early to train before work (I start at 8). Saturdays at work are DEAD and so I spend the day doing NOTHING...unless you count surfing the net for 8 hours as doing something...which makes me tired, so I usually don't want to do anything on Saturday nights!! ANYWAY by Sunday I am normally so bloody knackered it's not funny.
OK rant over - not sure where I was going with that.
So my weekend. On Friday I actually got to socialise a bit. One of my closest girlfriends is due with her firstborn on Christmas day and has had some problems, so is now on forced bedrest until delivery (which looks like it will be in the next 3 weeks or so), so I went and hung out with her for a bit...poor thing is going mad being stuck at home in bed all day every day! Her baby shower was supposed to have been today but she had to cancel it for obvious reasons :(
Friday night I basically did jack shit (for reasons stated above) then last night after work I went to one of my friends' places for some drinks. It was supposed to be a farewell for a friend who is moving to Brissy - but he ditched it at the last minute!?! WTF??? Oh well, we were there and so were the drinks so we had them anyway.
This morning I was up early and went to the gym before opening to train legs, as I had my Goddaughter's 1st Communion today. So I went to that and after the church bit we were going back to their place for a lunch. Firstly I should explain that my Goddaughter is my little 8 year old cousin. So it wasn't a massive 'do, all the aunties/uncles were invited, a handful of the 4,000 cousins that us Italians have (only the ones around her age were invited, none of the older ones...there is seriously about 100 of us otherwise lol) and her best friend. So safe to say pretty close family/friends. And one of my Aunty's workmates. Who happens to be male, close to my age, and single. WTF? If it wasn't the most blatantly obvious attempt on my Aunt's behalf to set me up, it was then made worse by the "Oh Vicki - did I introduce you to Michael?" the second he entered a 15m radius of where I was...followed by making sure we sat opposite eachother at lunch, followed by the "SO - what did you think about Michael" the nanosecond he left!! I actually found it all pretty amusing to be honest.
Anyway had my cheat today...God it was good to indulge in some yummy homemade food... did I ever mention that occasions such as Communions are like Christmas day to us wogs? As in there is enough food to feed a large army. We started with antipasto (like olives, bocconcini, ham, salami, prosciutto etc etc), then had a bowl of home made gnocchi, then had the main course of creamy mushroom chicken, meatballs, and salads. And of course then there was cake - vanilla mudcake...and home made crostoli which was so light and crispy - just divine, and so much nicer than the bought stuff!
So feeling a bit bloated this evening, although I went for a bit of a walk when I got home and the full feeling subsided a bit so that's good. Back on the wagon again now, it was roo and salad for dinner, one of my faves!
Anyway bit of a rant post I know but it's over now ;)
So til next time, train hard and be good.
Vic x
Hey miss! Ta for your message on my last blog entry - I deleted the whole thing as I'm highly embarassed....... I wrote it last nite when I was pissed!!!!!!! How sad is that - I'm really not a whingey whiner over things like that - I don't NEED a guy like some girls do... although it would be nice to do stuff with someone - it was the alcohol talking!!!!!! What a loser I am!
ReplyDelete