Monday, December 7, 2009

BIG weekend

WOW! What an insane weekend. This weekend was the first weekend in who knows how long that I actually had the entire weekend off work - and believe me, I couldn't have crammed any more into it if I tried!
It started on Friday with our member's Christmas party. It was at the local pub and started about 6pm. Took a while for the momentum to pick up but when it did (or when I'd had so many drinks I didn't notice any different?) it got fun. The vodka masked the back pain, which was fabulous. A few old friends happened to be at the pub (might have been coincidentally, or maybe me dropping the old "we'll be up the pub, you should come up!" line) and I even bumped into my old boyfriend from high school (THAT was def a coincidence, I haven't seen this guy in about 10 years), who was having his Christmas party there too. Anyway waaaaay too many drinks later, and the pub closed around us!! lol Was a fun night, ended well (apart from one of the members being very persistant in trying to kiss me???) and was a good night.
Saturday I woke up feeling pretty nasty (might have had something to do with the 3 hours sleep that followed eleventy-eight-thousand vodkas) but had to get to work. I had offered on Friday to cover reception for an hour starting at 8.30am (stupid me) while the receptionist taught Pump, as the instructor couldn't come in. The normally 10 min walk to work (my car had a sleepover at the pub) took me about half an hour...such was the daze I was in. PLUS I was getting my normal post-alcohol leg cramps...OUCH!! So did the hour fuelled on a massive coffee, then managed 20min on the bike (that was all I could do!!) and was going to go home for recovery...BUT...instead had my arm twisted into going to the races with my old workmates!! I'm a shocker, I know. I drove to the races though so it was pepsi max for me, and despite the nachos looking very tempting I figured all the pizza, party pies and ice cream (when I got home, of course that's what I ate - isnt' that what EVERYONE eats at 3am??) I stuck to a roast beef baguette. From there it was to my cousin Leah's place as we were going to another cousin's engagement party, and I was staying at Leah's after it. So Mark (Leah's hubby) did the honours of being DD for the night...and me, Leah and her lil sister Renee got stuck into the champers. It was a great night but I had wayyyy too much of the good stuff (once again!)
After a little sleep in yesterday morning, we woke up to the smell of freshly baking bread. Mmmm.... Mark runs his own catering business "as a hobby" and loves to cook (where the hell do I find me one of these?). So brekkie was freshly baked herbed bread, hot out of the oven, spread with ricotta and topped with tomato... and fresh fruit. YUM!! After that I took myself out to Penrith as I had some friends competing in some Crossfit games that were out there. It was awesome to watch!! Those guys and girls are bloody machines. Anyway spent the day there, and my friend Sheree (she is a machine...just keeps going...eg her hands were torn to shreds after the first round and she just soldiered on) took out 3rd overall in the females! It was her first games too :)
While I was in the area figured I would pop into World Gym and squeeze in a legs session. Unorthodox legs day saw me do 12 sets, 20 reps. Sounds easy. It's not. By set 6 my legs were shaking uncontrollably...but didn't stop me...last 3 sets I did a PB in weight for reps! I was stoked. Finished up with half hour on the bike. Also went for a half hour hilly power walk in the evening...obviously had the guilts from the weekends overindulgences! hehe oh well only live once and the diet starts again in 2 weeks so may as well live it up!
OK I think that's it for now. I have a back session to get to at the gym.
So, til next time...train hard and be good.
Vic
PS - I think I know the cure to arthritic pain....big weekend - it's feeling great today!!

1 comment:

  1. How's your liver holding up Vic? LOL!! ;o) xxx

    ReplyDelete