Aaahhh weekends, how I love thee.
I have had a very quiet weekend, which is just what the Dr ordered me thinks. It has done me some good :) and I feel pretty rested - which is a good thing seeing as the plan is to be up at 2am to watch the Italy v NZ game! Me and my soccer...I swear the World Cup is the highlight of every 4 years for me...even if it *does* mean little sleep!
Since last post I haven't done anything major. Friday I did cardio after work then stayed at home and listed to the flatmate snoring on the couch while I watched the footy. Yesterday morning I was up, bright eyed and bushy tailed, and tracked off to the Goldy to see Di. Her gym is so cute, I loved it! So we sat down and went over a few things, devising plans for my prep, which starts in a week. IFBB QLD & Aussie titles, here I come! My plan was to then head over to the new World Gym, Ashmore, as it was Open Day, and train there. Was supposed to be legs day but they were still way too sore from Tuesday's crazy session, so I had decided in the morning to do back instead. During my meeting with Di she mentioned that she was heading over to World herself to train with the fab Donna Jones. They were also training back and invited me to join them - which I jumped at!! These women are a huge inspiration to me so doing a training session with them was cool!
So the session went well - always awesome to train with others every now and again when you are used to training on your own all the time - it's so good to have a spot so you can lift that bit heavier, and also to train with women who train heavy and hard is always unreal!! The gym is also awesome too - not that I expected any less having trained several times at the Sydney World Gyms. We went for coffee afterwards and then I headed back to the open day to catch up with some of the ASN guys. Organised a bit of an eat off for next weekend while there, to say goodbye to my off season in style!! hehe I so can't wait!!
Took myself for some retail therapy afterwards and there may have been gelato involved...lol...
Spent the night perched on the couch watching a dvd and eating Thai in a box - I rented 'It's Complicated' with Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwyn and Steve Martin. GREAT MOVIE!! I absolutely loved it. Stayed up and watched the Socceroos match....not happy Jan! I can't believe they red carded Kewell!! What a rort. Oh well - there is still a slim chance they will get through, but a chance nonetheless!
I am about to go do some groceries (fun lol) and off this arvo to catch up with the lovely Fernster for a walk, YAY! Can't wait!
On that note, I'm outta here dudes.
x
Next time your down on the Goldy we should t up a training session would love to train with you some time i tend to train at world on the weekends was there yesterday arvo must have missed you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're settling in really well, Vicki. Wow! You call that a quiet weekend?LOL
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the World Cup - every four years I feel like I've got a new baby for a few weeks...that sleep deprived feeling...Take care. xoxox
Hey Hanni - I seem to spend a chunk of every weekend down there - well that has been the pattern so far!! hehe
ReplyDeleteI am def down there again next Saturday so if you want to do a session let me know, I am def up for it and can pretty much do whenever suits you :)
Haha Sandra yeah this is what I call a quiet weekend. I know, I know - I think I am just used to being so flat out, 100% of every minute that to be able to sit down and watch a movie is 'quiet' for me.
Glad you understand me on the WC thing too ;)
Hope you are well xx
My two favourite gyms!! Friends and World!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you enjoyed your trip- we'll have to catch up at some stage when your down next :-)
I know - love them both Chrissey already and I have only been to them once!
ReplyDeleteI am down there pretty regularly - weekly it would appear so far!! Let me know when you want to do coffee or something and we'll hook it up :)