Friday, September 4, 2009

Comp decisions and Frozen eggwhites

Aaahhh another Friday :)
I gotta say, I am feeling much better this last half of the week than last post. OMG I was NOT in a good headspace on Tuesday!! In a better place now, thank you very much.
I have made some decisions (seems to be the week for it - just read Deb's post) and have decided that I will not be doing INBA comps anymore (that being said, I am female, and therefore reserve the right to change my mind on a whim lol), for a couple of reasons:
  • It is 3 weeks and 2 days away. I might be ok to get up on stage, but I don't want to get up on stage feeling just ok. My theory is that if I am not getting up on that stage in a better condition than last year, then I shouldn't be getting up on that stage period. While muscularity wise I am a shitload better than last year, lean-wise I probably wouldn't be any better. So better off giving myself more time.
  • Whilst there is still 3 weeks to get myself in stage condition, I refuse to risk muscle to do it. I will not be starving myself to get shredded. It is a bodybuilding contest, not a dieting contest. There will be NO starvation involved. When dieting, my theory is that you should not be going hungry. If I am hungry, I eat. Fullstop.
  • Likewise, I won't risk muscle by overdoing th cardio. Yes I know I have mentioned that some days I am doing 3 sessions, but I am being very smart and calculated about it, and about how long I spend doing cardio in one hit...I am very specific about what kind of cardio I do when (eg slow, steady state vs HIIT) and my nutrition around said cardio. So there will be no silly 2 hour long sessions for me.

SO WHAT IS MY PLAN FOR COMP? I plan on doing the ANB Central Coast comp (11 October) and then either ANB Nationals or IFBB NSW/Aussies, which both fall on the same date (24-25 October). Originally I was gonna go IFBB 100% and while I don't really like the recent format of ANB Nationals (2 day event with prejudging on day one, finals day two - too bloody hard to hold condition overnight and fuck me dehydrating 2 days in a row ain't my idea of bloody fun!!) the thought of paying ONE federation fee as opposed to 2, and being closer to home for the comp, is more appealing to me. Plus, I have a point to prove after last year when I wasn't really happy with the outcome. Anyway THAT my friends is my plan. So I now have 5 weeks, 2 days...which I am very comfortable with. In saying that...I have decided to have a last cheat meal tomorrow as Monday is my birthday and I really want to be able to have a nice meal (OK and some gelato or cake...probably gelato!!)

On that note I am gonna have a little snooze before heading off to tonight's RPM session. Been getting into the cycle classes a lot lately and they are doing wonders :)

So - til next time, train hard and be good. Vic x

PS - gotta throw this in cos I was sooo happy bout this...the other night I was showing a new member around the gym while working, and I was wearing tights. The girl asked me what exercises she can do to get legs like mine as she liked the shape!! And this was a chick with a hot figure too, not someone too skinny or overweight, so I was stoked, given my legs are my weakness and the most stubborn area on me!! WOOT!

PPS - also gotta add this - my local woolies has FINALLY started stocking the frozen eggwhites!! Found em today and I tell you I had some interesting looks while I was doing a happy dance in the frozen foods aisle!! hehe

4 comments:

  1. how did you live without the frozen egg whites????? we go through a box a day between me and hubby.. They are just the best! Glad you have made a decision on the comps, sad you aren't heading up here to play but I do totally understand the reasonng.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I was seriously going through about 6 cartons of eggs a week, and chucking all the yolks. Very time consuming, very messy, very expensive, very bloody annoying!! But problem solved. It is very hard to find them in Sydney (the frozen ones), I have been begging my local Coles (where I normally shop) to order them in but they won't... The only place I could get them was *some* supplement shops, for over $10 a carton!!! SO I stocked up today, just in case they don't sell them for long lol!!
    I am a bit sad about INBA, I qualified for Olympia last year but didn't feel ready to get on the international stage and couldn't justify a trip to San Fransisco when I felt like that...so I promised myself if I qualified this year I would do it (had no idea at the time that it would be here!!) SO I am a little disappointed but at the end of the day I am competing against ME and if I am not in a better condition than last time round then there is no point. I intend to bring my "A" Game to the stage come the ANB titles though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vick,

    Thanks so much for you kind words babe, I need to take a chill pill, lol Im glad you decided on your movements I know how up in the air you fell while your not 100% but if your anything like me you might change your mind again,lol.

    woot woo about ur legs .... I bet the HOT!! :)and babe, thankyou . xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't it feel GREAT to make a decision after ponding on it for a while??? :-)
    Now all we do is focus completely on our new direction and get great results!

    Great you have access to egg whites, I buy mine from Woolies too, I do wish Coles would stock them, then life would be even easier :-)

    Train hard.

    Debs

    ReplyDelete