
SO...confession time. My planned cheat last night was worth about 18 cheats. But was sooo good. For my birthday celebrations I decided that a good pub meal would be in order, and my local make a mean meal. So off to the pub we toddled. When we got there me and my bestie decided on a nice bottle of red, so we drank it between us. For dinner I decided to go the beef burger, which comes with chips and salad, and is basically a burger with the lot. I asked for no egg and bacon though. When we ordered they told us that it was a long wait (bout an hour) for food so Meegan ordered some garlic bread, which we all shared. By the time dinner came out (they weren't exaggerating) we were bloody starving. My burger came out with bacon and egg so I just figured it was meant to be, and hey - if it's a cheat meal, it's a cheat meal - so I inhaled the burger. Was delish!! Ate some of the chips and salad but was pretty full (burger is massive) so left most of them. Clearly affected by the wine, I decided it would be a GREAT idea to have some vodka too. Hell, why not - only get one birthday a year! So a few vodka and diet cokes later, and a few TERRIBLE games of pool later (haven't played in years and apparently I should stick to bodybuilding) I was ready for dessert. Hey if I am gonna cheat, I am NOT skipping dessert!! So apple crumble and ice cream it was...mmmm delish.
Anyway I was a little tipsy, ended up back at my friends' Karen and Brian's place where I passed out for the night.
Today - not a good day. *Slightly* dehydrated, I am having the worst leg cramps. Does anyone else get that? I have found in the last few years that occasionally after drinking I wind up with leg cramps the following day. They started out a little tender this morning but I took myself to posing practice and it wasn't too bad. After that I made my way to my parents' place for Fathers' Day lunch and after lunch I thought I would go for a power walk - but got about 50m and had to turn around as I could barely walk from the cramping? WTF?? It is like 3pm!!! Surely the cramps should have subsided by now, not gotten worse!! So I am giving myself the day off training today (no way in hell could I train legs today even if I tried, I mean if I can't even walk what hope do I have!!) I have tomorrow off work and it's just shoulders day tomorrow so will do a double session.
Anyway I am a little peeved at myself for overindulging but no point dwelling on it. I am, however, really happy with how I am coming in - and today look really full after my effort in carbing up last night. Gotta look on the bright side of it hehe.
Well not much else from me. Need a bit more sleep I think so might have me a nanna nap.
Til next time, train hard and be good. Vic x
nothing to do but to move straight on hey Vic- Im the same, always have good intentions before cheat meals but they end up being quite impressive... lol. best thing about them is the strength you have for the next training session !! :)
ReplyDeleteVicki,
ReplyDeleteI'm REALLY impressed with your efforts on your cheat. (You sound just like I was - and still could be in the right circumstance). No point doing it by halves. Well done!!
:-) Magda
Awesome cheat session LOL. I know you feel bad about it but I bet you feel much better today :-)
ReplyDeleteOnwards and upwards is the direction from here to comp day, no looking back, only looking ahead and all will be well!!
Happy Birthday!!!!!! xxx
Sounds like it was a divine cheat meal Vic! The beef burger and red wine sound great!
ReplyDeleteBirthdays are birthdays and all the best from now till comp!