Gosh, it feels like I haven't blogged in forever! Hasn't been too much going on to blog about but at the same time I haven't really had time to post. I have been busy training my ass off (literally) and this morning I have woken up, feeling as though I actually now look a bit like a figure competitor!! Lol bout fricken time - this year I feel like I have been in the wars with prep, with my body fighting me ALL the way. There is no doubt about it, I have had to work harder than ever before. If you told me this time last year that on the majority of days I would be doing 3 cardio sessions a day, I would have told you to get off the acid, and that I would NEVER do that much cardio - given I really, really don't enjoy it. I am such a weights girl!! BUT I have been doing it, and for the most part - I have stayed sane!! lol
Friday I went and checked out a few gyms in the area. I am looking like switching training gyms to a place that I don't work - it's so hard working and training at the same place. When I train, I am generally in a little world of my own. No idea what's going on around me - nor do I care. I like to get in there, train, and get out. Eye on the prize. Unfortunately when you train and work at the same place, people like to come and ask you questions in the middle of training. Eg "I don't get sore from my Thursday training anymore, can you please give me some new exercises?" (as in right there and then)...or "Excuse me, but the leg extension machine is broken. Can you help me fix it?" Ummm....I'm training right now....see that person over there in the gym uniform? Maybe go ask them for help, ya know, since they are actually working right now!!! Anyway sorry - had to vent. The moral of the story is that when I go to train, I don't want to spend lots of time fluffing around. I want to train, and leave. End of story. SO gym hunting on Friday was awesome, I have found 2 potential new homes. I will prob wait til after comps though to switch as I don't really want to switch before then as it will just interrupt training I think.
My weekend was ok, a quiet one though - but was glad for it. Friday night was so insignificant I can't even remember what I did. I finished work then did some cardio - but can't remember what after that? I think I might have just stayed home?? Lol that's shocking - it was only a few days ago!! Worked all day Saturday, which bummed me out given it was like 30 degrees in Sydney. And it was cold inside due to the air con. I had a jacket on all day which SUCKED! Saturday night I went to my friends' Karen and Brian's place to help Karen with preparing for a seafood party she was having yesterday afternoon for her birthday. I ended up cooking dinner for the 3 of us while Karen was making stuff for the party, and nearly burnt their house down in the process (not sure if I have ever mentioned on here me and my attraction to fire. Not that I am attracted to fire - it appears to be attracted to me. That's another blog post though). After dinner Brian got a fire call (he is a volunteer firie for the Rural FB) so me and Kaz hung out for a bit before I went home and crashed.
Sunday went off to World to train legs with one of the girls from my posing class. She is competing this Wed night in the ADF INBA competition - it's her first comp, I am sooo excited for her. Anyway we were both quite wrecked but smashed out our legs session and then did some cardio before posing class. Went to Karen's birthday thing in the late afternoon and had a great time (she even catered for my diet so I wouldn't have to BYO Tupperware container!! lol)
It's funny - during posing class one of the girls, who is competing in 2 weeks for the first time, mentioned she had gone to a hens' night on Saturday but left early as she feels awkward when going out now, like she has nothing to talk about. I look back at my first comp prep and recall being EXACTLY the same. I always felt weird going out, could barely converse with anyone as I had nothing to talk about, and always just wanted to go home early. I am so glad that has changed. I am back to my social self, love being out, and have no issues with holding conversations. I am very weary of overdoing the comp talk so only talk about it if people ask questions and seem genuinely interested (not just being polite) and have no issue with being the only non-drinker (or eater lol). I am soooo glad this part changed as I don't think I could have coped 3 years running feeling like a bloody hermit!!
Anyway I better stop ranting and get off my ass and go train delts. WOOT! Love shoulders day!!
So til next time, train hard and be good!
Vic xx
No comments:
Post a Comment