Here I am thinking that after Saturday night's massive cheat meal effort, I would have taken 12 steps back. Not to be the case. I woke up this morning (begrudgingly, wanted to stay in bed but hauled my ass out) for 5.45am RPM and took a look in the mirror...I have come in again, particularly in my tummy region. YAY!! I was actually feeling a little bloated as although I was tempted to have ice cream last night (my real birthday) I decided to substitute my pre-bed meal of eggwhites for some low fat/low sugar yoghurt with a handful of blueberries...mmm delish!! Dairy makes me feel pretty bloated though so while I felt like my tummy was swollen, the mirror told me otherwise. I am seeing changes pretty much daily now so am wrapped, this is the exciting bit!
Had a great birthday. I got up early (as per usual) and went for an hour walk before yummy brekkie, and then after it went to the gym. Shoulders day followed by half an hour steady state cardio. After that I had the day free as I was not working (aside from teaching a night time spin class) so took myself to get my nails done, some waxing, etc, and had lunch while I was out. Even though it was just Sumo Salad (mmmm) it's nice to have someone else make it for once!! lol... Caught up with one of my friends after that (she is off work after tearning the ligaments in her foot) and then went off to teach Spin. Mum cooked me dinner and that was pretty much my day / evening - nice and chilled!! All in all had a good day :)
So I have done RPM this morning and had my eggy oats, now off to smash out a back session and a bit more cardio...then to work I go at 12.
Anyway hope you are all having a good day....and to those who have comps in just under 2 weeks hope that this final bit of prep is going well for you :)
Til next time, train hard and be good :)
Vic x
Great to hear Vicki,
ReplyDeleteHey, if you can't have a cheat meal on your birthday...;-)
Are you going to the NSW INBA? I'm hoping to get there around 3-ish, so hopefully I won't miss much.
Just curious as to how you prepare your egg white oats?
ReplyDeleteGlad you pulled through the cheat meal ;-)
Debs
Hey Sandra, yep I def will be at the INBA, I will probably be helping with the backstage side of things though...but would def love to catch up!! You shouldn't miss *too* much before that.
ReplyDeleteDeb - I used to mix the eggwhites and oats together and microwave but have since found that if I cook the oats on the stove and when they start boiling, add the eggwhites (whisked with some water) and return to boil, it makes it much more filling as the water in both the eggwhites and oats increases the volume. I either add splenda and cinnamon or a teaspoon of protein powder for some flavour :)
BTW Deb - where you are staying on Oct 10 is only about 10 min from me :)
Vic x
I was doing the egg white and oat microwave way too due to the 5am breakfast times!
ReplyDeleteI'm staying at the Sunnybrook hotel as i'm coming down for the WNBF Asia-Pacific Championships, I gather you are competing at the ANB?
Debs
I know exactly where that is :)
ReplyDeleteYep doing the ANB (Central Coast) show on Sunday. Shame comps fall on the same day, I would have loved to come and watched you up there. But would be awesome to meet you while you are here :) Will send you an email on FB with my mobile no so we can chat about tan and trying to catch up!! xx