Sunday, November 29, 2009

Me and my mate Jack...

OH. MY. GOD.
I completely forgot how bad it feels to be at work after a night on the grog. Seriously.
So I swapped my normal Saturday shift at work with my mate Rox, who does Sundays normally, and toddled off to a bbq yesterday. My friend Andrea, who was coming along to my posing classes, is moving to the Gold Coast next month, and decided to throw a farewell/Christmas bbq at her place. Now I should have predicted the messiness that came along with said bbq, when I told her I possibly wouldnt be there til 5 if I couldn't switch my work shifts (bbq was starting at 12). She replied that would be fine as several ppl we
re planning on staying the night so they could have a few drinks.
So I got there at about 2pm, and took a mere 4 voddie cruisers with me. Figured I would go the lightweight drinks, and only a few of them, as I had driven there. WRONG. I was promptly (think it to
ok a whole 3 mins after arriving) talked into calling my mother and asking her to pop over to my place in the evening to feed my dogs and give Trixie her meds in case I didn't make it home.
Enter the following:

YEP. Black sambuca shots. Actually, that's slightly inaccurate. Double shots would be a better description.
Well we ran out of black sambuca pretty quickly, so we foun
d a designated driver, and off to the local IGA to restock on the grog.
We got back to the bbq, and resumed the shots.

I was alternating drinking a bottle of cruiser with double
sambuca shots...and when the cruisers ran out (didn't take long, those things literally disappear in 2 gulps!) I moved onto:

Now, let me just say for the record (I think I am telling myself this moreso than anyone else)...JACK IS NOT MY FRIEND. I thought he was, in fact just last night I was sure of it. But I can say now, hand on heart, that he most certainly is not my buddy today.

So anyway, I recall having some kind of D&M with a few randoms, fuck knows what about exactly, but I am sure they are much better people having had me pass on all my wisdom last night. I also recall (and thanks to modern technology, aka sms 'sent items', have confirmed my worst fears) sending several random text messages to people I am sure could have done without said text messages (note to self: do not take mobile phone on drinking expeditions), and lastly I recall curling up on the couch for a little rest...I think it was only about 9.30pm...and waking up at 3am feeling slightly seedy and wondering where the fuck everyone was!! I managed to get back to sleep for a couple more hours before rising at 6am and having the worst imaginable 40min drive home...unfortunately there was no choice involved as previously mentioned - I had to get to work this morning. So I did my best to down my usually favourite meal, brekkie, then came to work early and trained legs. Now, it's been a while since I did this, but for the record...leg training with a mighty big hangover sucks arse. Big time. Squats were probably the worst of it so gladly got those over with first, and had to forego the deadlifts - wasn't sure tipping my head downwards was going to be a pleasant (or pretty) experience.

Anyway managed to hold onto my breakfast through the session and have downed about eleventy-eight thousand coffees (I know, water is what I should be guzzling but it's caffeine I need right now!). I would give my firstborn (not that I have one) for some sleep right now!

Speaking of which...before I leave you I gotta share some exciting news...my gorgeous friend Rachael had a baby girl about an hour ago...I can't wait to go visit tonight!!! :)

Anyway party people, better jet, talked your ears off enough already...so til next time...train hard and be good...

Vic x

5 comments:

  1. hehehe i am so the same, I leave my mobile at home when i get boozey, I can't recall what I did or said on Friday. Hope you have come good (am sure you have now) XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do the crime, you pay the time. LOL!! Sounds to me like you're in the hurt locker today. Make sure you drink lots of water to flush the alcoholic toxins out of your system and pray for a speedy recovery. ;o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahaa... loved it!

    Jack is not my friend either, I think he's a prick. He's all nice at the start and then he just turns on ya!

    And I am the WORST drunk dialler/texter so now I lleave my mobile phone at home or give it to a friend when I know i'll be drinking.

    Hope yr feeling better today

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I cracked up laughing at this post!!!!!!!!!!!

    Never, ever, ever TUI! I've SO learnt the hard way too, and wanted to curl into a ball and die when yes, sent items confirm your worst fears you were hoping was only a drunken dream. My friend and I have actually minded/swapped phones with each other so that access to said phone had to be approved first... But when you want your phone when you're intoxicated, you want your damn phone!

    I reckon we'd have an awesome sess together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Em - I sympathise and hope your Saturday wasn't too bad!! I swear I would have given anything for a big mac on Sunday - and let me tell you, I gotta be REAL hungover to crave Maccas!!

    Lia, I paid! lol...ah well gotta live sometimes too, can't be a saint *every* day ;-)

    Friday...yeah me and Jack, we have this love/hate relationship. I haven't been in Jack's company for about 2 and a half years (mind you prior to that we were best buds, hanging out pretty much 3-4 days a week!) so I thought maybe he mighta cut me some slack and been kind to me on our reunion. Nope. You're right - he's a prick!! hehe

    Selina, you're onto something. I think from now on a phone amnesty is the way to go! I agree with you about the session - if I'm up your way in the near future, you're on!! lol

    xx

    ReplyDelete