You know those awesome training sessions you do every now and again, the type that absolutely annihilate you...not just a hard session, but one that renders you almost helpless for days (if it wasn't for that overwhelming willpower and determination us competitors get!!)
Well I did one of those yesterday. Big session. Delts, triceps, chest. My delts particularly are absolutely burning this morning.
Anyway I managed to do myself a mischeif while training.
I had just finished 12 sets on the delts, a PB in a couple of exercises I might just add quietly...so was starting to fatigue a fair bit. Onto triceps. Very high reps as trying not to let my arms get any bigger as trying to build shoulders to look in proportion with them. Did 3 sets of tricep presses. Onto skull crushers, with the EZ bar. Loaded it up. Sat on bench and went to flip the bar into position while laying down on the bench. Wrist gives way. Bar lands on guts. Massive winding. EPIC FAIL!!
So after recovering from that one, waiting to see if I was going to start spitting blood (OK so a little melodramatic but honestly that's how much it hurt), I had to dust off the old ego and continue my workout, pretending it didn't hurt *that* much. Finished off with chest, went and did half a class (it is a cycle/Tums-Hips-Thighs class and I just wanted to do the 30min cycle bit) and finished off the old cardio on the stepper. Am knackered today but it's Tuesday...track day. It's raining though and the stairs I go to are in bushland, and always covered in dirt, sticks, etc...so think it'll have to be the indoor session today. Jamie, the girl from work decided to join me again today so will have her doing some fun stuff :)
On that note better jet. Meals to make and workouts to do before work starts at 11.
Oh before I go, congratulations to all who competed on the weekend at the various shows, INBA Brissie / ANB South Coast / NABBA/WFF Melbourne / WNBF Sydney. From the pics I saw you all looked super hot and you should all be very proud of your achievements...the toughest part of the battle is actually making it to that stage so just getting up there is a feat in itself.
Til next time, train hard and be good.
Vic x
Thank you for such good information.......If you love to workout, just like me......Please check out the blogs mentioned below, its really informative !!!!..... check it out m sure you'll love it.
ReplyDeletehttp://staysharpwithworkouts.blogspot.com