Hooray for Friday!
Another week down (nearly), I can't believe how quick it's going. Went off with Miss Fern last weekend to the ANB Sydneys to watch a few friends compete. Was a great g-up, I love watching comps. The line up for figure was a bit disappointing numbers-wise, aside from Novice there were only 2 or 3 in each division which is a bit of a shame. And only one physique girl in the entire comp! In saying that, the quality of some of the athletes was outstanding, in particular the young guy who took out the Overall Mens, Luke Belcher, was in absolute prime condition. The kid is 20 years old and resembles a mini Arnie (no joke, even looks like him in the face up on stage and same build), this kid as a massive future ahead of him. I have seen him compete a few times (hasn't been doing it that long) and always thought he had potential but geeeeeeez...never seen him in the condition he had last weekend.
Our good friend Claude took out the Sportsmodel title against some very tough competition. There were TEN!!! in her division, and she looked HOT HOT HOT so was soooo happy for her. She had some major dramas in her life in the few weeks before the comp so for her to even make it to the stage let alone win was incredible!
As usual in comp land, caught up with loads of peeps and got to meet some more of my online friends. I am absolutely HANGING for the Sept/Oct comps to roll around now!

In prep news, diet has been awesome, training was going swimmingly...until Tuesday night, when I managed to do myself ANOTHER mischeif. Doing my indoor track session, intervals on the tready, and I could feel an old achilles injury flaring up. So what does this smart cookie do? Yep, push through. Not the smartest move I might add. I finished the intervals off, then hopped off the treadmill and completed the session with some plyometrics. Achilles was KILLING at the end. Took myself home and figured that it should calm down overnight. WRONG. The pain woke me up in the middle of the night, and by the time I got out of bed in the morning - well could barely walk on it. Looks like it's tendonitis again for me (or tendonapathy as they like to call it now)...so taking myself off to the physio today. Cardio is all but out, no walking, no running, no stepper, no elliptical. I managed to do a half hour on the bike on Wednesday morning after my legs session (at least can still do weights - just no calves), and went to an RPM class yesterday which I survived. Bit of pain in the last 5 or 10 mins but nothing too bad. HHMMMMPPPHHHH. Not happy Jan. Oh well hopefully a bit of physio will have it back to good in no time (it did take about 8 weeks the first time round though so maybe holding my breath should be out of the question).
Few things on for the weekend, a birthday tonight, working tomorrow and a baby shower Sunday. Other than that, same old same old.
Anyway better be off...gotta post more regularly to stop these long rants!!
Vic x
No comments:
Post a Comment