I am bloody hopeless! Despite all my best efforts in promising to blog more often to prevent war and peace in every entry, I still don't manage to pull my finger out and do it.
I have had a ripper of a week prep wise. My weekly weigh in is tomorrow, I can't imagine any possible way the scales could have gone up this week (they did last week by 300g), so I am really looking forward to seeing the results. I have smashed through my modified program (modified only cos with this achilles injury my 2 weekly sprints/stairs/plyo sessions are out), and amped up the cardio to twice daily most days now. I have given every weights session 110%, and even put in a good effort in every cardio session on the bike, which is great for me, cos unless it's Spin or RPM I tend to slack off cos I'm not a bike fan. But I haven't slackened off once on it which is awesome. I have also managed to get in 2 boxing classes for additional cardio this week. The first one being on Tuesday when I finished work earlier than usual, so the regular boys from the class talked me into doing it with them. I paired up with one of the boys, who I later found out is one of the two hardest hitters in the class (didn't know that as I don't usually do the class), was loads of fun but I tell you what, up til last night I was in a world of pain. My traps and forearms were in agony, and my midsection felt like it had been run over by a semi trailer...might have been all the hooks we did in the class, combined with the fact I had just done an abs endurance session (3 different exercises all with weights, 3 sets of 50 for each...no bloody wonder!!) But didn't stop me from going back to the class tonight. If you don't hear from me for a few days I probably physically cannot type.
Food has been spot on this week. After my gain last week I decided on going back to the calorie/carb cycling method. So I have my average, which I stick to most days, but throw in a lower calorie/carb day and a high day or two. I am just coming off 2 low days in a row, which has seen me consume 60 (yes you read right, that's sixty) egg whites in the form of omelettes/pancakes. Both sweet (protein pancake, mmmmm yum) and savoury (vegies). Have limited carbs on these days to my breakfast, which included oats and prunes (don't want a repeat of the bean baby / alien incident!!)
So tomorrow (well today now since it's so late) is high day...am going out with Fern and Claude to celebrate Claude's back to back Sportsmodel wins at the ANB Sydneys and Asia Pacifics. Claude has requested we venture to an ice cream parlour to have pancakes and ice cream for dinner. As one does. Hey, no complaints from me - I would love nothing more than to have ice cream for dinner EVERY night, unfortunately comp diet only allows one of these kinda meals a week lol. Nobody wants to see a whale squeezed into one of Jo's fab bikinis up on stage!!
Not much else to report on. Working tomorrow day and Monday (yep got suckered into that one), going to 'high tea' on Sunday with my best friend who is getting hitched in about 6 weeks - we are having a bridesmaid/bride bonding session...and am HOPING to check out the Terminator movie at some point. I saw Frankie's review - although soz babes not a Trekkie myself so can't relate to that - but has anyone else seen it (Terminator)?? Am hoping it rocks, am imagining it will :)
Anyway gonna hop off now as only have about 6 hours before I have to be up to train before work.
So on that note, catch you all later.
Vic x
hehe...I wear my star trek Pj's to bed you know.
ReplyDelete