Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day one down, 83 to go!

Well 83 to the first of the 5 comps that is!

Today turned out to be a ripper in terms of training and diet.

Woke up, went for a pre-brekkie 30min hilly walk; ate brekkie, went to the gym. Smashed through my delts / calves session and finished it off with 30min Spin (Monday morning is a cycle/THT class - half hour of each so just did the spin component). Worked all day and had all my food pre-prepared from last night so couldn't fail! WOOT. Finished work slightly later than scheduled, and spent 30min on the stepper before the gym shut.

Big gold star today. Just need to collect another 83 of those!!

Personal front was a bit of a let down today. I had kept it out of blogger land but I recently applied for a job down in Melbourne. I seriously thought I would make the shortlist as my application was pretty damn good (and thank you to a certain friend of mine who helped me finetune it - you know who you are x) but was disappointed to check my emails tonight to find one of those generic "thank you for your application but we already have a specific person in mind for the role and only advertised as a formality" replies in my inbox. I was already having a crummy day at the time so just made me, well, shitty quite frankly. I know this sounds stupid but I really, really had a good feeling about this job...and I really, REALLY want to move down to Melbourne too...I don't really write much about my personal, non-competing life on here but for a bit of a background I have a brother who lives down there. He moved there about 6 years ago, it was only ever gonna be a temporary move, but then he fell in love, got married, and has officially set up shop down there. It is only the two of us and I miss him terribly, as we are quite close. Anyway I absolutely adore Melbourne and the lifestyle down there, and have been contemplating a move down there for a few years...and more recently have wanted to make the move more and more. Anyway, the 'thanks but no thanks' email put me in a bit of a shitty mood tonight which sucked. Oh well onwards and upwards, gotta keep looking!

Well it's 12.20am and I gotta get up and train arms/abs tomorrow for Day 2 of 84... ;) so on that note I am off to beddy-byes!

Night all,

Vic x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki,
    That wasn't a Govt job was it? (curious sorry!)
    Best wishes on your quest for 84 gold stars!!!! sounds like a treasure hunt, i likes it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephanie...matter of fact, it was... Is it that obvious? Lol I think it's pretty standard practice from what I have seen/heard of Gov't advertisements.
    Thanks for that - got 2 gold stars now after this morning!! Yay for gold stars!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete