This week I think I can safely say has been much better all round than any other I have had in MONTHS! I think I have been a little off the rails since my bean-baby saga and have really struggled to get back on track after pulling out of last comp season.
I have found a new passion for traninig this week, and have even been semi-enjoying cardio. Very odd for me, I normally HATE it, no matter how good the headspace has been! I have spent lots of time cycling as although my achilles is feeling truckloads better it's still not 100% and I don't want to risk making it worse. I have thrown a couple of walks in to mix it up too but all in all have been enjoying my time on the bike as it has given me some time to catch up on reading...which makes cardio fly by!
I am doing another stairs session for cardio this morning as I have the day off, and will be doing another boxing class tonight for 2nd cardio allotment. Back and abs training apart from that :)
I have also REALLY been enjoying my food this week. I have made me a new recipe and loved it so much I have had it the last 3 days for lunch, with plans to have it again today too lol. It's pretty simple but delish, haven't named it but basically it's
100g lean turkey mince
1 egg white
50g boiled basmati rice
chopped onion & garlic
pinch of salt/pepper (to taste)
50g diced tomato
50g chopped green beans
20g chopped green capsicum
1 finely diced mushroom
(veges can be changed to suit taste, I also use zucchini, chopped broccoli etc)
*Heat nonstick frypan on stove
*Mix turkey mince, egg white, rice, onion and garlic in bowl. Throw into frypan and stirfry til mince is cooked thoroughly (no need to add oils etc due to egg white)
*Add chopped veges til throroughly heated.
*Place in bowl and enjoy!
Very simple but very tasty. I took it to work yesterday and everyone was asking me to bring them some next week cos it smelt divine :)
I am feeling a lot leaner after one week, despite adding more carbs back into my diet. I don't think my body responds well to super-low carb, which is always handy to know! I am getting my skinfolds done tomorrow afternoon for the first time since pulling out of prep in March - pretty scary lol but needs to be done. What I need to remember is that last time they were done I was about 9 or 10 weeks into full on prep so it will be very normal for those figures to have gone up somewhat.
Anyway better be off, gotta go hit the stairs...just too scared to get out of my warm pj's and robe!!
Vic x
No comments:
Post a Comment