Friday, June 19, 2009

Hungry Hungry Hippo

Phew...what a week! This week has seen me feel DOMS in a way I haven't felt in a very long time!! It has been an awesome week training-wise, I have really smashed it up in the gym every single day this week - no holds barred. My legs are aching in places I didn't know existed - I have managed to annihilate them almost every day (stairs Tues/Fri, Leg weights session Wed, 2 x spin classes on Wed as well, and have legs again tomorrow!!) and today I trained with one of my friends, an up-and-coming teen bodybuilder that I have befriended who is gonna be awesome if he sticks at it. We did a back session together today (which in itself is a change for me, I ALWAYS train alone) and I had to get dumbells out of the back room for him to do single arm rows with as they are the heaviest ones we have and we keep them out the back so that the silly boys don't get silly with extremely heavy weights!! Anyway I have never actually been requested to get these weights out in my time at the gym...I literally had to roll them across the gym floor!! hehe

Food on the other hand...well has been a bit excessive. I haven't actually eaten anything bad as such, nothing off plan, but I have eaten way more than I normally do all week. I have been logging everything in CK and have been in a pretty decent deficit every day when you factor in my exercise but I think it's just cos I have a set number in my head of how many cals etc I should be having that it does my head in! I can't figure out if the extra food has been cos of how heavy and hard this week has been (eg arriving for work Wed arvo and teaching an extra spin class after having done all my planned training - 2xcardio + 1xweights session - for the day, doing an extra half hour cardio Tues night)...but either way I am a bit scared of what the scales are gonna say tomorrow morning. Time (ie, 8 hours) will tell I guess!!

My bestie came over for dinner tonight and I made her my turkey mince concoction, which she loved. OK so we followed it with a trip to Maccas so she could have a sundae as I don't have ice cream in the house (I was well behaved and ate yoghurt with mixed berries and crushed walnuts although it was very tempting to order an Oreo McFlurry with Extra Oreo!!) but all in all was a hit, so it's not just my diet brain using reverse psychology and telling me it tastes good lol.

Working all day tomorrow and then going out with some of the guys who get coached by Mike for Teppan Yaki tomorrow night for dinner - should be good fun, I have never been to Teppan Yaki before but been dying for someone to throw food at me lol. Might be inclined to eat less as I'm not likely to be good at catching it :) Not much else to report on my front so might just go and prep my work meals for tomorrow and call it a night me thinks :)

Night y'all!

Vic x

2 comments:

  1. Wow - I am so in awe of your workouts. And I simply LOVE your "About Me"! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle :) I love training hard...feel like I haven't trained properly if I don't give 110% to every session. And my 'about me' really is me in a nutshell - I have spent my entire life trying my hardest to prove people who doubt me wrong!

    ReplyDelete