Monday, June 22, 2009

Overtraining

Monday night and I'm feeling a whole lot better than I was during Saturday's miserable-ass post. Sorry to be such a whiney bitch but I think that most of you who commented nailed it - overtraining syndrome. I have been going at it too hard with the cardio, specially high intensity stuff, which I normally try to do in moderation. Well after having thought about it, I realised that I hadn't actually had a complete REST day in about 6 weeks. This is the first time ever I have trained 7 days a week for comp prep, not on purpose but usually doing guilt-trip make-up sessions for having missed a cardio session here or there. I normally take Sundays off completely but haven't done in some time...and I think it was doing my head in!! Which is so unlike me as I am the first person to tell my clients about the importance of having at least one training free day a week. So yesterday I did nothing, quite literally. I left the house once to go grab my mum some supplements, and spent the remainder of the day giving my butt some quality time with the couch.

I woke up fresh this morning and did a pre-brekkie walk, then after breakfast did shoulders and calves and spent half an hour on the stepper. Awesome session.

I have also re-written the diet to give things a little bit of a shake up and after 2 days on the new plan am feeling bloody fabulous. BRING ON COMP SEASON, that's what I say!

Gonna go have my pre-bed eggwhites so will leave you with this for the night...

"If you think you can do something, or if you think you can't do something...you are probably right..."

Vic x

1 comment:

  1. I have been doing the exact same as you, training my little arse off 7 days a week. Took the whole weekend off weights and just did cardio to try and have some sort of a rest lol am just too paranoid atm about not getting lean enuf, ino that it can have the reverse affect though.....

    have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete