Saturday, June 20, 2009

Something's not right...?

OK I have no idea what is going on with me this year but I can't seem to budge those bloody scales, well at least not in the direction they need to be budged. This week has seen a gain of 300g. I am at my wit's end trying to work out what is going on and I just can't piece it together. I have been eating clean and cardio-ing twice a day (on a couple of occasions this week it's been 3 times), doing every weights session as planned...and can't drop the weight. I did my measurements this morning too and have not lost ANYTHING centimetre wise since last measurements 3 weeks ago. I'm not sure if this is a hormonal thing maybe but I am starting to think it might be? Has anyone else out there had this frustration before? And if so do you have any suggestions? I am thinking I might get a blood test done to see if there is something going on there.

I know I know - negative boring post but I can't get my head around this and am hoping someone might be able to throw some ideas at me??



7 comments:

  1. Hi vicki, just a thought but maybe you are overtraining and therefore your body is holding onto the fat. I know myself I will drop if I limit my workouts to once a day at an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah - funny you say that, another friend suggested the same thing tonight. Might have to look at this as a possibility...just hard to get my head around cutting the training down for results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki

    Even though you're eating clean are you tracking how much you actually eat? Even macros?

    And as Sarah suggested maybe too much training?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Shelley,

    Yep been logging it all and tracking all the macros. I have eaten more calories than usual this week but mainly because on 3 of the days I have trained more than planned (by default, eg turning up to work to find out I have to teach a spin class after all my training for the day was done and dusted - that's happened twice this week). Either way I am gonna do a bit of an experiment this week cutting down the cardio a bit and also cutting some of my carbs to see if we can give this thing a bit of a kick up the butt.

    Vic
    PS - loving reading your blog, it's so motivating!! and you gals looked gorgeous last weekend too might add :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm nowhere in the amazing shape that you are, but I've been stuck in a plateau for awhile and we figured out I wasn't eating enough for all the workouts I was doing. My scale is now slowly moving back down again - hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki.
    When this happens to me it is usually as a result of stress or as sarah said, overtraining. i know what you mean, it does seem illogical to train less for results! (but so does eating more to stoke metabolism!)
    keep going, try to relax and im sure the results will come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Michelle and Stephanie...I think it's been a combination of lots of things...overtraining and stress mainly! Sorted now, I have taken a little step back and modified the training and diet a bit and it feels like it's coming together after only a couple of days...waiting to see how the week pans out :-)

    ReplyDelete