And so my kitchen prowess continues (ok so ever-so-slight exaggeration there but, meh, whatever). Today's creative streak has seen me make protein bars. They are currently in the freezer waiting to set but I can confirm that they tasted bowl-licking good ;)
To make: (makes 5 bars)
5 scoops choc Evolve Fast Whey
1 cup quick oats
5g Splenda
4 egg whites + 1 yolk
1/3 cup water
50g natural peanut butter (I used crunchy)
In one bowl mix protein powder, splenda and oats.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites / yolk together with water.
Heat the peanut butter in microwave to melt.
Mix powder/oats and egg mixture together thoroughly. Add peanut butter in and continue to stir til mixed right through. Pour into dish lined with baking paper. Freeze til set. Cut into 5 slices.
The breakdown is: 308cal, 43.4g protein, 13.7g carbs, 7.9g fat
I am DYING to get it out and eat it!!
I was supposed to go off to World Gym yesterday after work to see Mike and have my skinfolds done, and then train legs with him. I woke up early for my weekly weigh in before going for my walk. I only dropped 100g this week despite feeling loads leaner - however in saying that, I have pretty much not "gone" for 2 weeks - so having lost 100g was fine with me when I factored that in. After my walk, had brekkie and got myself ready. As I was leaving for work, I got the most phenomenal tummy cramps...really bad. Yep, got the runs :( I spent the entire day running backwards and forwards to and from the bathroom, even had to cancel the clients I had booked in. It was horrible!! It has settled mostly today but still not back to 100%. Needless to say I called Mike and cancelled as I didn't think a) I would last a 45min drive to see him, and b) I would survive a leg training session!! Lol I couldn't think of anything worse than attempting leg press or squats in my fragile condition.
So I traded my rest day, which is normally Sunday. Got up this morning and headed to the gym after brekkie. Smashed out 5 x 20 squats, 5 x 20 leg curls, 5 x 20 extensions, 5 x 20 db deadlifts, 5 x 20 standing calf raises. Backed that up with 40 painful minutes on the bike. I say painful cos unlike last week, today my heart was not in the cardio. At all. If any of you have read Kek's post today (sorry I am still not good with the whole blog technology thing and don't know how to link it), well my cardio was pretty much in line with hers!!
Anyway program change tomorrow - YIPPEE!! I love mixing it up a bit and writing new programs. Haven't written it yet but will get onto it tonight :)
That's it from me. Hope you have all had a fab weekend. Will let you know how the bars taste too!
Til next time, train hard and be good :)
Vic x
OK - update. It (protein bar recipe) was good (well in my humble dieting brain opinion). So good that I ate 2 in a row (yes, nearly 90g protein in one hit) for my afternoon "snack". And another for dinner. I have totalled over 240g protein today. If it's possible to OD on protein...today is the day I have done it!! piggy lol
No comments:
Post a Comment