Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Where's the deoderant???

I'm back in the game and loving it. Did my boxing class last night, and partnered up with one of the regular boys, who was an awesome partner. He's the other one I was talking about last week, of the two hardest hitters. I got a workout even holding the pads cos he really does hit hard, so forced those delts to do some much needed-overtime, and funny enough the whole way through when I was doing the punching, and dying I might add, he kept yelling the "NO PAIN" mantra that gets me through my stairs sessions. Kept me going to the end I tell ya!!

We did one drill through the class though where you face your partner, each pair lined up next to eachother so there are 2 long lines through the room, and you alternate between straight punches and uppercuts as quick as you can for 30sec at a time, then the person wearing the gloves moves to the next partner, so it's like a continuous-moving wall. Well my last partner (lets call him B.O. Boy 1) had the worst B.O. in the history of the world...or so I thought at the time. It was horrendous, I could barely breathe!! Then I got a double dose when it was my turn to punch and got paired with him again, longest 30 second blocks of my life!!

After the class, with what little I had left, I went down to do my abs workout. That's where my opinion of B.O. Boy 1 was slightly ammended. I started doing my first lot of sit ups across 2 swiss balls. Now let me just tell you, for anyone who hasn't attempted this, it's pretty tough at the best of times. Your feet are up on one ball and your butt is on the other and you are working your abs double time by just trying to balance and stay on. Well last night I was doing this while holding a medicine ball. Got towards the end of my first set. Then I get a waft of even worse B.O. than that previously described. I finished the set off (just) and looked over to discover that a second male (let's call him B.O. Boy 2) had perched himself on the matt next to me to do crunches, and had his hands fixed behind his head, allowing the aroma to rise and drift my way. I was nearly sick!! So trying to hold my breath as much as I could (didn't want to breathe through my mouth for fear that I would actually be able to taste the stench) I perched myself back into position. I managed to get halfway through set number 2 (fell off once though) before giving up. I couldn't breathe, nor could I concentrate enough to stabilise on the balls. I hung around for a little while, chatting to the boys, waiting for B.O. Boy 2 to finish and leave the area so I could finish my ab stuff...didn't happen. After about 10mins I gave up and came home, and finished my abs here.

Must say, between the stairs and boxing yesterday - I was smashed last night!! Am starting to get the DOMS now too...traps/rear delts/neck are stiffening up and have some awesome glute cramps going on - so leg workout this morning is gonna be interesting!! lol... I have done my first cardio session already being a 30min hilly power walk, and come home for brekkie. About to take myself now for said leg session and cardio session 2 (bike today...AGAIN!!) so it's done and dusted. Start work at 1pm and working til 9 so like to get it all done before then...nothing worse than finishing work at 9pm and still having to do cardio.

K better jet. Hopefully the people at the gym this morning are avid deoderant fans and I can get through my workout with no major dramas!

Til next time, train hard and be good.

Vic x

No comments:

Post a Comment