Brrr what a week. Not that the week has anything to do with Brrr, except that I'm sitting here at work and freezing...and well I suppose I've been bloody freezing all week.
Been a good week training and diet wise (aside from Thursday's jelly bean attack, where I downed a 50g bag of jellybeans in an unsuccessful attempt to rid myself of my dizzy spells) and the scales had a 400g drop for it this morning. YAY for a much anticipated weight drop!!
Got to work early to train before we open today, like I do every Saturday. It's my 2nd leg day for the week and I went to start training...only to realise that my hammies didn't want to play ball today! Can't believe they are still sore from Wednesday - in saying that was a ripper of a session though. So just did an incline walk on the treaddy and am using today as my rest day instead of tomorrow. I have to come to the gym tomorrow anyway to show my mum her new program that I made for her so will do my legs tomorrow, hopefully when the "someone has replaced my tendons and muscles with a very thick piece of rope" feeling has settled a bit.
I was thinking about it this morning and I have a 6 day split program for weights, normally train Mon - Sat. I think what I might do is keep the split but train 5 days on, 1 day off - so my rest day rotates. I think it will be better for me than 6 days on, one day off. Back when I started competing I used to have 2 rest days from weights a week (with one of them being cardio only, the other being NO training at all) and it worked well.
I took myself off to the dr yesterday to get my dizziness/BP looked at. Dr made me have an ECG while I was there, all good - in fact better than that, I found out my RHR has dropped under the 50bpm mark which is fantastic :) YAY!! Last I knew it was 53bpm so my fitness has increased a little which is nice to know (see, knew I was doing all that bloody cardio for a reason!) Anyway they sent me off for a blood test for a few things so will hopefully have a better picture come Wednesday.
Having a pretty boring day so far today - so far being it's only 10.30am but the gym is pretty quiet this morning. Which has made the last 2 and a half hours feel like 4 hours. Meh, whatever!! Dying for lunchtime to come round - having a steak sambo for my free meal today I think, that's all I feel like, a nice steak sandwich on fresh turkish bread mmmmm....
K that's all from me this morning, better go do something useful...like facebook or something lol.
Til next time, train hard and be good,
Vic x
When I'm dieting strictly, like on my keto diet I occasionally get dizzy spells too. I thought it was low blood sugar but have since found out that you can get dizzy spells from low salt and also low potassium levels. Now I take potassium supps and if i get cravings I eat salted nuts. Not sure which one it was though but the lightheadedness etc seems to have settled down.
ReplyDelete