Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New week, new headspace, new beginning


So this week I am trying to get out of the crappy headspace that has been occupying my surroundings. Im over the negativity and dont like re-reading my blog posts - just filled with a horrible vibe.


I have re-written my diet. Clean clean clean from now til October. No cheats. I even had this conversation with Meegan last night, whose wedding is just under 8 weeks away - about whether I would make any exceptions on the wedding day and have a few drinks with her. The wedding is 7 weeks before my first comp of the season (I have all but decided that I'll also do the INBA ACT show which is a week before the NSW titles - gives me an extra shot at Olympia qualification)...my answer was that we would see how I was tracking closer to the date.


Yesterday, despite being a public holiday and me working all day on my own (dont get me started on that one), was a very positive day for me on the diet and training front. I got up nice and early and went for a powerwalk, had brekkie, toddled off to the gym at 7.20am and did my shoulders/biceps, followed by 40mins on the bike...all before starting work at 9am!! Training done for the day. I had prepared all my food on Sunday night so nutrition was absolutely spot on. I felt awesome for it.


Today I'm not working because I had to cover yesterday...it's 11am, so far I have done breakfast, been spending some time doing some research stuff on the net, had my 2nd meal about an hour ago and now that my tummy is settled I am about to scoot off and give the stairs a crack. First time doing any cardio aside from bike (and walking, which I only did yesterday for the first time) since hurting my achilles a few weeks ago...so hoping it holds up. I won't do the sprints and plyo's today, I think the 30-40 odd mins on the stairs might be enough for the first time back...the last thing I want is to overdo it. Then I am off this evening to do abs and the boxing class. CAN'T WAIT!!


Not sure how to spend the rest of the day - I will basically have about 5 hours free before gym tonight...thinking I might take myself to a movie or for a little "me" time and get a pedi or something. God knows I haven't treated myself to anything like that in, hmm, don't even know how long!


On that note I hope you are all well and rested after the long weekend.


Til next time train hard and be good :)


Vic x

No comments:

Post a Comment