Legs day today. I love legs, don't know if I have ever mentioned that. Funny that, though, cos I used to HATE training legs! But it's my fave day now. I almost threw up several times this morning during the session though - maybe cos I did them about an hour after teaching a Spin class? lol...was shaking like a leaf by the 3rd exercise!! Feel great now though.
I went off to the doc's today to get my blood test results from last week. The headspinning has been getting worse and starting earlier in the day....pretty much comes on a couple of hours after waking up (lucky I do my weights in the morning I tell you!) and stays all day. So it turns out that I have low blood sugar levels, and a Vitamin D deficiency. Dr told me I need to increase my carb intake which I can do as I am not really having that many carbs. I don't even know why I'm not having many...in the past I have always had carbs with the first 4 meals of the day but this season for some reason I have only been having oats for brekkie and some rice post-training - not enough for me. She has also told me I should carry jelly beans with me and eat them when I am feeling dizzy. I have stocked up on the chemist ones (you all know em, the REALLY juicy, yummy glucose ones!!) and have eaten quite a few of them tonight, to no avail. Unfortunately I still feel like I am going to collapse. Hopefully something will kick in soon. I have also been placed on a Vitamin D supplement so hopefully they too will help the situation. I have done some research and it turns out that Vit-D deficiency and low blood sugar have very similar symptoms... fatigue, dizziness, insomnia, confusion, difficulty with concentration etc... God no wonder I am really feeling it!! Maybe I just need a long vacation in the Bahamas lying on the beach, sipping cocktails - kill two birds with one stone!
So aside from the jelly bean consumption nutrition has been awesome, training has been awesome...life is good! The countdown is still continuing and i am onto my 3rd gold star...YAY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment