Thursday, July 16, 2009

I am feeling heaps better this week than I did last week and over the weekend. Still a little sinus-y but not achy at all and have my strength back.

Have been smashing through the training the last few days. Tuesday was arms day and I did a mega session, which is a first in a while as I had cut back on arms training due to the fact they were getting too big. Felt the need to up the intensity though so threw in an additional biceps exercise, and superseted every set on triceps with dips, to failure. I probably managed more dips than ever before in a training session too, despite doing them to fatigue - the least I got out (very last set, end of workout) was 18. Has to have been a PB. I also really fatigued my abs on the same day, the last abs exercise I did was an isometric v-sit, 3 sets to failure and in the first set my abs were trembling!! LOVE that feeling.

Taught Spin yesterday morning and despite trying my hardest to not do the porn-star breathing into the microphone again (due to stuffy sinuses) went pretty hard. I had a few newbies in the class who had never done a cycle class before and the poor girls were stuffed by the end! Trained legs yesterday and they are pretty sore today, and decided for my second cardio yesterday to go for a walk in the fresh air - after all I need to up the Vitamin D as don't want to remain deficient! Not good for the calcium stores at all.

Trained chest this morning, and set some pretty good PBs in the plate loaded incline press, and the chest press machine. Not a huge fan of using machines (specially for muscles like chest) but like to throw an exercise here and there using a machine for a change. Finished it off with 40mins on the stepper. I felt awesome during today's workout - I think it's cos I decided to check my measurements this morning and they have finally started to come down!! YAY for that! I noticed a pretty big difference today while I was training too, definitely starting to look leaner which is awesome. Carbs definitely suit me - I look and feel so flat without them and today just showed me that I actually lean out quicker with them in my diet.

Things are starting to look up which is great. I am waiting on some news which if it comes through I am dying to post about - but don't want to speak too soon. Sorry for the vagueness but it will all make sense if it happens :)

Anyway off to eat again, my bloody metabolism is on fire I am thinking because I have been ravished lately. I eat, and an hour later I am physically (not just mentally lol) hungry.

Til next time, train hard and be good,
Vic x

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    Just a quick post to say that I have stumbled across your blog through another figure blog. You're looking great. I am in the same position right now that you were with the trainer, deciding if I have the kind of body that could become "stageworthy" lol. I feel like I could but have a long way to go.. :)

    I have added you to my must read list..

    ReplyDelete