
Yep that's what I'm on now. Chicken soup. Someone is getting a tad sick, which I guess was inevitable since a few of the girls at work have had the flu, and one of the other bridesmaids on the hens weekend was also quite sick...and I swapped beds with her halfway through night 2 (and didn't think to change pillows etc...smart, I know).
I taught Spin yesterday morning, trying really hard not to sniffle into the mic, and trying even harder not to breathe like a porn star into it given I couldn't breathe through my stuffy nose. I'm sure it sounded interesting but I did warn the participants that I had woken up with a drippy, clogged up nose so if they weren't fond of my porn-star sound effects, well...their problem! Got through it (sweated a bucket though...not a bad thing), had brekkie and as I was feeling progressively worse figured I should get training in while I had some strength. Did a legs session, shaking most of the way through but only managed 20min on the stepper afterwards...the hot and cold sweats started to kick in :( Went home for a bit of a sleep before starting work and got there feeling about 70%...which went downhill pretty quickly under the aircon. Bloody freezing gym airconditioning lol. I survived less than 3 hours and ended up going home where I parked my butt on the couch for the remainder of the night, snuggled up under a doona watching the Michael Jackson Memorial re-run (HOW GOOD WAS IT!! OK so I was a sook most of the way through, I loved MJ!!) and eating the chicken soup my lovely mum brought over. Did I ever mention how lucky I am to have such a bloody awesome mum!!
I woke up feeling pretty good this morning so thought I would go for a pre-brekkie walk. Not my smartest moment. 10min in and my nose was dripping, my eyes were watery and felt like exploding and it started feeling like there was a flame in my oesophagus (is that even how you spell it??). I hate being sick during prep but I hate the thought of missing training more...but I don't think I would be able to lift very much up today...not feeling very strong at the moment. So looks like it's back to bed and more chicken soup for me. Out of mum's though so will have to make a pot myself :( God I'm a whingey sod when I'm sick lol.
Just throwing it out there - Is it just me or does everyone feel like you have to train no matter what during comp prep?? I actually feel guilty for missing training...!
Anyway I noticed something during my walk this morning, DOMS from yesterday's training has taken hold, but only in my glutes ATM...I tell you this because I did exactly the same workout as I did last Wednesday, and even though I got DOMS in my glutes last week, it hit my Quads (in a bloody massive way) first then glutes almost a whole day later...quads are fine today though? Hmm strange...
OK I am ranting mindlessly now so I will be off...back to beddie byes for me...
Oh and in case I don't get another post in between now and the weekend - GOOD LUCK to all the girls doing the All Females - go kick some ass!! And enjoy the post comp meal ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment