Aaahhh Sunday sleep in :) Got up at 7.30 this morning which is the latest sleep I have had in what feels like an eternity. I fell asleep around the 1am mark so 6.5 hours - better than any other night in the last few weeks. I have been struggling to get more than about 5 hours in a night for a few weeks now and sleep has been really light-on so to get a solid 6.5 hours in last night was heaven. I am going to make a conscious effort from today to go to bed earlier, even if I have to just lay there waiting to fall asleep, cos at least that way my body will still be getting the extra rest in.
Had yesterday off training, but snuck 2 cardio sessions in, 30min before work and 40min after work. Another area that I need to up the rest on - from this week onwards I will take one full day rest from training. My body needs it, I am so achy all the time! I also think I will be re-jigging my schedule to cut a weights day out, so that I only do weights 5 days a week, cardio 6 days, one full day off. I have done it like that before and felt much better for it.
Yesterday was treat meal day, as planned I did my lunchtime treat. I had a toasted sandwich on Turkish bread with avocado, chicken schnitzel, sweet chilli sauce, lettuce, cheese and tomato....mmm divine...and for dessert had a deli-style muesli yoghurt and 2 choc chip biscuits (they were a last minute add in but were only little so didn't fret over it). It was an awesome lunch, nice and fresh, and kept me full til dinnertime (6 hours and one cardio session later). I had dinner with mum last night, went to her place as dad was going out (how sad is it when your parents have more of a social life than you!!). Had grilled chicken and steamed greens and it was delish. We watched a DVD, Ghosttown. OMG great movie for those who haven't seen it. It's a romantic comedy with Tea Leoni and Ricky Gervais (not sure if I got the spelling right), that dude from the British version of The Office.
I just had a yummy banana and raspberry protein pancake for brekkie, with a bucket of coffee to wash it down, and now about to head off to World Gym, to pump out a ripper legs session (might do last week's one) and then teach posing. Then shopping time....bestie's wedding next Saturday and I haven't even picked up a pressie yet!! How terrible am I!! Worse still, no idea what to get...hmmm...not good!! lol
OK kids, time to get this show on the road. Til next time, train hard and be good.
Vic x
No comments:
Post a Comment