My week has finished off ok. Following my shitty news on Wednesday arvo, I seem to have gotten on with it (not really any other choice...am still disappointed, but hey - what do you do!?!)
Did a good legs session yesterday, despite not feeling crash hot. Ended up being one of those vomit-worthy ones, heavy weights and lower reps. Didn't quite need the spew bucket but came close on several occasions. Wrapped that up with a 50min cardio session. Had a good afternoon at work and then toddled off to my parents' place after I finished as hadn't got my 2nd cardio session in so figured would just go use their elliptical. Did 30mins on it, which felt like 90mins...their elliptical is a really strong resistance machine - even on level 1 it's difficult! Finished it up just as dad was getting back from the airport, he'd gone to pick my brother and sister-in-law up as they have come up for my bestie's wedding this weekend. We stayed up chatting for a while and I have to confess something that rather strangely ran through my mind:

what if I don't compete this year? What if I just decide to pull the pin tonight and join in with the Tim Tam eating and just have a little piece of dark chocolate with almonds with Dad? Would it kill me to pull the plug? Am I going to make it in time anyway, am I going to be lean enough even if I don't pull the pin?

I got through the temptation and stayed on track somehow. It scares me though because I have never thought like this before. Yes I have been tempted but I have never really panicked about not being ready (aside from during comp week when I am so carb depleted and flat that to me I look like an elephant despite being at my leanest). But I pulled through the negative thoughts and stuck to my coffee, before coming home to get my 7 hours shut-eye in. Up bright and early this morning and decided to do the jeans test. I went to put on my fave jeans one night about 8 weeks ago and had a massive panic attack when I couldn't get them on. I tried to put them on again a few weeks ago, still no luck, not even past the thighs. This morning...they got on. Tight but on. AND they did up. So today was a good day after last night's little headfuck. Probably lucky they fit because it meant I had a good day - which was needed as it's been go-go-go ALL day today!! 6am pre-brekkie cardio, then home to have brekkie and prep meals for the day, showered and went to work, finished work and trained chest/tris/abs and some more cardio, off to my parents' for dad's birthday dinner, then to Meegan's for night-before-the-wedding-girly-catchup...now home to get myself organised for tomorrow. I have to be back at Meegan's at 7am for hair and makeup...ahhh the fun of Maid Of Honour duties ;)
SO in saying that...I have to seek permission to use a SKINNY BONE as my 7 hours bed time tonight isn't gonna happen (still have to wrap a rather large pressie and finish making my meals for the day...yep gotta love being on comp diet during your best mate's wedding!! saving my weekly cheat meal for tomorrow night)
Water was fantastic yesterday...in saying that I have 500ml to get thru before bed tonight to make my minimum 3L.
Will be back on the ball Sunday though. Will be going to World Gym to train legs and get cardio done and dusted before posing class. My sister-in-law flies back to Melbourne Sunday afternoon as she has to go to work Monday but my brother is staying til Tuesday night so we have scheduled some hang-out time, which will be lovely...I can't remember the last time we got to hang out, just the 2 of us. I am really looking forward to it.
Anyway enough from me tonight, I really should get my ass into gear and get some sleep - massive day tomorrow! Stay tuned for pics :)
Til next time, train hard and be good :)
Vic x
Step away from the Tim Tams Vicki!!! i am glad that your inner sugar bitch didnt win last nite. Shame that melbourne didnt workout too, there must be something heaps better waiting around the corner for you. It sucks hey! I am in the same boat work wise. Hang in there. xx
ReplyDeletePhew - I though the skinny bone was for the Tim Tams! Congratulations on beating the little brown buggers.
ReplyDeleteYou can hang on to your 10 bones because you missed your bed time because of a greater good - organising a wedding gift for a friend.
♥
Hey there,
ReplyDeleteGreat work on getting back into the jeans and resisting the timtams... there is always a string to the next one once I start so I need to avoid them all together!!
:)
Hey Tara, I was pretty pleased with myself for keeping out of the tim tam packet. Not once, but pretty much every day since Thursday I have been at my parents' and they have had an array of biscuits, blocks of chocolate, pastries and cakes in the fridge. Apparently my brother is one of those special guests that gets all this stuff when he comes to visit!! lol
ReplyDeleteKatie - nope...the skinny bone was for the sleep...or lack of. Thanks for letting me keep it! Is now a good time to tell you that I only got 4 hours in?? lol
Ash - yep...those bloody things are like Pringles for me. Once you pop... one would have turned into ten. Easily. All good. Eye on the prize!!