Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lovin day 98

Had a great day today. Day 98 and smashed it.

Woke up this morning to the banana and raspberry oat muffins I made yesterday, dying to try them out. OMG they were bloody delicious. Seriously, I will be making those again, in large quantities ;) Well maybe in large quantities after comp season to negate temptation!! That being the case, I think there may be some room for peanut butter and/or nutella swirls in them. Hmmm....sorry...got off track there. Diet brain.

Took myself off to the gym after brekkie for back and abs day. I managed an entire back workout (5 different exercises) using nothing but the cables. I love unconventional exercises, and try to steer away from the 'norm' every now and again - I find this alleviates any risk of boredom, and also stops my body getting used to doing the same stuff over and over. Lucky the gym wasn't busy cos I probably wouldn't have been very popular hogging the entire cable setup for the 45min duration of my back session! After training I breezed through 40min cardio - for once it wasn't such a mental battle to stick it out. Love days like that.

Came home and made more 'muffins' (the savoury ones) for afternoon tea to take to work. My co workers are actually getting jealous of the diet food I am eating and today asked me for recipies for my new muffins, and also the omelettes I normally bring in. Who woulda thought that my "boring" (in inverted commas as I don't find it boring, strangely enough...I actually like this stuff!) comp food could actually seem tasty to others who are free to eat chocolate to their hearts content!!

Worked til 8pm and then finished with another 40mins on the stepper - interval training. Which has left me bloody ravished. Since coming home I have downed my usual 4 pre-bed eggwhites, plus about 300g veggies. And I am still STARVING!! Gonna hit the sack soon - firstly so that I get to keep all my SKINNY BONES by getting enough rest, but also so that I don't have to listen to my tummy any longer :)

Water was no problem at all today - I have downed at least 4.5L and I am gonna have myself another glass before bed (smart, I know given that is a guaranteed pee-stop during the night but hey what the hell - I also just had a coffee so will be getting up regardless!) Did I ever mention how cool (?? is that the right word??) I think it is that we can talk about toilet stuff on here and noone gets funny about it - in fact I think it's more likely that when we read about the toilet habits of others, we are sitting there nodding knowingly!?! Random.

Tomorrow morning is an early wake up to teach my Spin class, so I have 10min to get my butt to bed to make my 7 hours of rest time. Mmm post Spin oats... AND according to my new training schedule...it's also weights free day...so just Spin first thing then probably go for a walk before I start work at 1pm. I am actually looking forward to the rest.

OK on that note it's sign off time for me. Til next time...you know the drill...

Vic x

1 comment: