Firstly THANK YOU for all your comments on this morning's post. Even though deep down I know I'm not alone in having shit days (weeks, whatever!) I think sometimes it helps to hear it from others that I am not alone in feeling like I am only just keeping my head above water during certain times.
And I think the venting did me wonders.
Today started a bit crappy (as you know) but got better as the day progressed. After my post I decided not to do my weights til later in the day, and instead to make the most of the sunshine by doing an outdoor cardio session. So I took myself to the park down the road and did some sprints, followed by 40mins stair runs. Up and down, 90 times over, all different ways. Finished it up with a few plyo-style moves (jumping squats, jumping lunges, tuck jumps). Came home and made some food but spent most of the day feeling pretty bloated and still a bit crappy. Tried to have a bit of a nap in the arvo to make up for last night's crappy sleep but probably managed about 25mins broken sleep? Gave up in the end and decided to head for the gym. That's where things picked up.
Turned up for my back session and started training, and really surprised myself when I looked up at the mirror - for the first time in ages I noticed a HUGE difference in the way I am looking. I went from feeling frumpy and bloated to feeling awesome in about 13 nanoseconds. Turns out that all of a sudden I have started leaning very quickly, after what has felt like months on end of plateuing. Smashed an awesome back workout, 5 excercises ALL using the cable machine, just for something different. My night was made even better when on two separate occasions members came over to tell me how ripped I was starting to look, and even overheard one of them later telling someone else that I looked more muscly cos I was getting more ripped :)
Did the Friday night boxing class, was a good class tonight, only 8 of us turned up (normally there's about 20) so got an awesome workout in. Sometimes when there's so many people it doesn't feel like you have done as much as there are so many people to wait for when drills are starting etc.
Spent some time hanging with my bestie tonight which was nice. It was kinda our last 'single hang night' as she is getting married next weekend...I can't believe how quick it's come around! Being Maid of Honour I have to be super organised with my food! I have already requested my entree (lamb) and main (chicken) be served free of any sauces / dressings etc lol. I figured that I would have the dessert as my treat for next week but didn't want to unnecessarily go overboard so why not ask for my actual meals to be diet friendly as much as possible!
Rest day tomorrow but will probably throw a bit of cardio in (nothing too much though) and I get my treat tomorrow. I will probably have it at lunchtime as don't like going to bed with a heavy tummy - also given I will be at work I am pretty safe on the 'can't go overboard' front! Once that meal is over, it's over and I am at work til 4pm so by the time I get home it's too late to keep the meal going.
OK enough from me for one day! Phew - you gals are gonna be all Vicki-ed out soon...
Hey V, soooooo glad that your day got better and that you are finally seeing the results that you have been wanting to see. It can only get better from now on in hey!! Rock it Sista!! xxxx
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling better Vicki. sometimes a good vent does work wonders!!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies :) I love that I can come on here and vent and you guys all understand where I am coming from...and it sure did help!! :)
ReplyDelete