I started a blogpost last night but was sooo tired I was (literally) falling asleep finishing it off. And I have decided to start it completely from scratch today cos I recall it was a bit 'blah', which is what my day was like yesterday.
My day yesterday started with teaching Spin class. It was a bit of a struggle to get myself ready and go as it was bloody freezing at 5.45am yesterday morning. I took myself off to work and well, the members obviously had the same thought as me (although in their favour was that they didn't actually have to turn up for employment purposes) and the gym was DEAD. No shit. There was ONE person in my class. Not very motivating. But I figured we should make the most of it and used the class as a massive hardcore interval training session - the poor girl who made the effort of being there (she is one of my regulars) looked pretty nauseas by track 4!! lol poor thing.
Seeing it was my new 'No Weights Wednesday', after Spin and then brekkie, I toddled off to the shops to purchase a wedding gift for Meegan's wedding this weekend, and to have my nails done. I pulled my acrylic nails off last Christmas after having them on for a few years and I forgot how nice they look. I haven't really had anything nice done for myself in so long due to $$ and now twice in 2 weeks I have done what these days I see as treating myself (when I worked in the corporate world I didn't think twice about spending money, I never had to...these days I have to think and rethink every spending decision I make, which is hard to get used to) in having my hair done last week and now my nails. It feels nice to do things for yourself every now and again when you have grown accostomed to living without the extras...so I have decided that part of my 100 day challenge is to do something nice for myself during every phase (10 days). Doesn't have to be something over the top - just treating myself or having 'me' time.
I got some disappointing news while at work last night and it put a dampener on my whole night. For regular readers you will know that a couple of weeks back I was waiting on some news and being very mysterious about it. Basically I was all but promised a contract position down in Melbourne, I was just waiting on it to be signed off...when I was approached it was pretty much a certainty that if I wanted it, it would happen...I was pretty excited about it as I have been wanting to move down there for a while and this would have been a taster of Melbourne life for a short term to see if I really did like living there. Unfortunately in the meantime, some glitches arose...and yesterday I found out they are no longer in need of the contractor position. So am a bit upset about that...but I'll get over it I suppose.
My challenge is going pretty well, I only just made the 7 hour bedtime cutoff last night but feeling pretty tired. I don't start work til 1pm today though so there's a good chance there will be a nanna nap thrown into my day today. Cardio only yesterday and I struggled to get into my night cardio - I didn't get my second session in before work yesterday which meant doing it at 9.30pm last night...by which time I am so exhausted I just want to crash. But I managed. I also nearly gave into temptation at work (after the bad news phonecall) and had a Roses chocolate...had it sitting in my hand for about 10mins deciding whether to eat it...and then it occurred to me "would the other girls be eating Roses chocolates?" No, I daresay they would NOT! So back in the box it went.
Water intake was good yesterday too so that's a positive.
OK better get off here so I can go train legs. YAY. My favourite day...unfortunately I am not in a real enthusiastic mood and would rather stay on the couch. BUT I know I can't afford to do that at this stage of the game. So off to the gym for me.
Til next time, train hard and be good.
Vic x
spin class is eeeveel. i would die if i was the only one - how to slack off without others to distract attetion from meeeeeeeeeeeeee?
ReplyDeletelol yeah she was probably faking the nausea to try make me feel sorry for her and back off. plan failed. mwahahaha
ReplyDelete