So in line with yesterday's (? or was it Saturday night?) post, as of this week I have decided to split my program up to give the old body some much needed R&R time. My old plan went like this:
Sunday - legs + abs
Monday - Shoulders + calves
Tuesday - Biceps & Triceps + abs
Wednesday - legs + calves
Thursday - Chest + abs
Friday - Back + calves
Saturday - Rest (but would usually do 2 x cardio sessions anyway)
NEW GAME PLAN
Sunday - Legs + abs
Monday - Shoulders, Biceps + calves
Tuesday - Back + abs
Wednesday - Cardio only
Thursday - Legs, shoulders + calves
Friday - Chest, Triceps + abs
Saturday - COMPLETE DAY OFF.
Yep, I am going back to my old way of taking a full day off. No structured exercise at all. I work all day Saturday, I might just walk to work so I'm not doing NOTHING but nothing too strenuous. I think giving myself a full day of rest used to do me wonders and am gonna give it a go again. I have also added in more shoulder work on a Thursday, as these are something I need to grow more.
I had an awesome day training-wise yesterday. Went to World a little early, got through my legs session and 25min on the stepper before the girls from posing arrived. I was rapt when one of them who didn't come last week told me she could see pretty decent changes in me, and that I was looking leaner than I did 2 weeks ago :) Did posing class then hit the cardio for another 40mins. The legs session must have been good as by the time our hourlong posing session was up, the DOMS had already kicked in!! After cardio took myself to the shops, hunting for a wedding gift for my bestie (5 days, can't believe her wedding is finally here!!) and then off home. After a much needed afternoon snack went to my parents' place and jumped on the x-trainer for another 40min cardio session. I LOVE that they live so close AND have an elliptical there. Not my preferred choice of cardio but hey, how convenient it is once the gym has shut! I'm thinking I might ask if I can borrow it til comps are over, given I am the only one who actually uses it!
Ended up having dinner there again (gotta love that mum is dieting too and pretty much eats the same kind of food as me...so chicken and steamed greens it was) before coming home to crash. Up at 5.30am this morning, have had brekkie and now off to do my shoulders/bis/cardio for the morning. Don't start work til 1pm today so will have a few hours up my sleeve after training to do my cooking for the week.
OK on that note will be loving you and leaving you. Til next time, train hard and be good!
Vic x
let us know how the new training split goes... i agree that esp if you're working all day saturday, the day off training will help. my 5 days split needed a shakeup so I've totally stolen (borrowed?) yours! *muhahahaha!*
ReplyDelete