I'm hanging for Monday. Yep, you read right. I am happy that the weekend is coming to a close. I have been waiting on some news (which will be divulged if and when it comes through) and have been HANGING for Monday to roll around so I can have an answer. OK enough of the mysterious news.
I am suffering massive DOMS today. I did boxing on Friday night and my shoulders are pounding today - go figure!! They never come on this late. My upper back was suffering yesterday (explainable by the combination of the boxing on Friday evening and the fact I had trained back on Friday morning) but today, of all days, the shoulders are burning. Usually I would be wrapt - I am trying to grow me some coconuts!! But I have shoulders on the training schedule in 7 hours time and that is *not* going to be fun if they are still in a world of hurt. Oh well. Hopefully they'll come good overnight.
Training has had a big tick as has nutrition. I had yesterday as a rest day, and I mean COMPLETE rest, no cardio, no walk - no nothing. It nearly killed me to not to anything but I needed to not do anything. Today I went along to World Gym to teach posing and got there early to do a leg session. I love weekend leg sessions, I do very unorthodox training sessions on my weekend one - my Wednesday leg session is more of a typical one. Today's session went like this:
5 x 20 extensions
5 x 15 single hammy curls (on the kneeling, plate loaded machine)
5 x 20 dumbell deadlifts
then 3 x triple set on the seated leg press - changing foot position for each exercise, 20 reps of each
and threw in some abs for good measure
I followed it up with 30 mins on the stepper. My legs are caned and can't wait for those DOMS to set in...I give it a few more hours.
The posing session was great, I really enjoy it and I think it helps me with my own posing practice, having to be critical of the way others pose - makes me more aware of how things look from the judge's perspective.
After posing was time to head to see Miss Fern...lunch and coffee before she departs Sydney for the green pastures of Brissie to embark on the next stage in her life with her man tomorrow. I met her, and 2 of our other friends, Bec and Graham, at a Mexican joint (I did the BYO Sumo Salad thing) and we went for coffee afterwards. There we sat, observing the eclectic mix of people (I would write the word 'fashion' in here somewhere, but I am not sure if apricot coloured lycra tights on a super-plus size woman wearing colour co-ordinated shoes, whose ears are lined from lobe to the top with at least 12 pearl studs could be labelled 'fashion') and having a good old giggle about assorted bizzo...til it was time to say good bye. It has hit me tonight the void I am already starting to feel knowing that Miss Fern will no longer be a short drive away :( It's funny how some people can come into your life and you can know them such a relatively short time yet it feels like you have known them forever. But on the upside to all of this - I now have a good excuse to venture north of the border more often :)
Anyway it's time for me to go catch some zzz's... gotta get up in a few hours and grow me some serious boulders!
Til next time...train hard and be good xx
hi there crazy :) hope you got the news you were after x
ReplyDelete