
I am sooo thrilled to say...I survived my bestie's Hen's weekend without any major slip ups!!!
I wasn't sure how I was going to manage, given the Hen's extravaganza started Friday night and finished this morning (Sunday) and we had a day at the races followed by lots of quality time in a bar afterwards planned...but the only non-diet thing I managed to indulge in is one vodka with diet coke. One. The only other beverage I consumed was water and coffee and despite eating probably larger quantities than I would normally of things like celery and carrot sticks and nuts, I didn't actually eat any of the other goodies (tempting as things like choccies, chips, cheese, profiteroles, hot dogs, crackers etc were). So I am pretty wrapt.
I even managed to get a 45min walk in both mornings while the other bridesmaids and bride-to-be slept in :)
So aside from the food we had a fabulous weekend. The races were lots of fun, my bestie was suitably drunk by, hmm, 12.30pm yesterday and then wondering why the bouncer wouldnt let her into the bar when we got back to the hotel. Might have been the "I shwear...I'm sooooo shober itsh not funny. D'ya want me to walkkkkkkkkk a shtrait liiiiiiiine? Cozzzzzzzzzz I soooooo can! You HAVE to lemmein! Itsh myyyy hensh pardy!! The gearlzzzzzzzzzzz are all meedin me HERE!!!" We then dragged the "shober" hen up to our room to shober up a little, where she proceeded to tell us all about how shober she really was and it was just the high heels making her walk funny. Eventually, after making shober hen eat a couple of bananas and drink a litre of water, we re-dressed her, put her hair in a ponytail, made sure she did NOT speak to security, and bingo! Got the shober hen through the door!! Lots of dancing later, and it was time for our fireman to arrive!! WOOT!! Now I actually happen to personally know the fireman-dressed sex God that we had along to our night (funny enough the Hen actually told me about 7 years ago when we booked a random stripper for a friend's Hen's night and this guy shows up, who I happen to know, my bestie ordered me there and then that if she ever got married HE was the stripper I HAD to get for her!! lol...how many bride-to-bes get to choose their own stripper!!)
So our Firie turns up to the hotel and I copped a few strange looks from the doormen when I gave him a kiss hello then led him to the lifts!! lol... Anyway Miss Hen was not exactly the blushing bride and spent more time posing for our cameras and telling Mr Fireman how he is the most 'Handsome' (??? is it normal to call a stripper 'handsome'??) man in the world than she did watching the show!! hehe
After that the night pretty well died down, everyone was pretty exhausted. We stayed up for a while and then our remaining guests slowly departed after a very long day.
I am now at home and probably the only chirpy guest from the weekends' festivities as I think I may have been the only sober person all day lol. Good fun though :) There were a few cringes this morning as I recalled some of yesterday's events for the girls who had a few blank memory patches!! lol
Now I just have the wedding to get through in 4 weeks!!
Anyway off to train legs now and get some cardio in :) So til next time, train hard and be good!
Vic x
No comments:
Post a Comment