Tuesday, July 7, 2009

God Bless the Carbs!!



After having been diagnosed last week with low blood sugar, I have re-introduced more carbs into my diet. I was a little worried at first to be honest, not sure why though as I have always eaten them while dieting except this year. Wanna know what happened? I started leaning out again and not feeling so water-logged. I am feeling leaner and less moody - and the frequency of dizzy spells is lessening.


Yep, it's confirmed. I am one of those people whose body loves carbs. I work better on them, I train better on them, and it appears I diet better on them. Probably something to do with the Italian background and having grown up eating carbs as a major staple (loads of pasta, bread, polenta my entire life), so it makes sense that my body digests them well! Who woulda thought. That'll learn me to stop listening to a million other people cos what is right for them isn't necessarily right for me.


In other news, training is going really well, I continually seem to be happy with the training front. I push myself every day. I do my weights and twice daily cardio sessions, 6 days a week. I don't under train and I have stopped over training. I push myself every session with the weights. I listen to my body with the cardio - if it feels like I need to do lower intensity stuff I do, but still with enough intensity to bother. The diet is also going awesome since I upped the carbs. I'm not hungry, and I have not had one sweet craving - not ONE!! (amazing for me, i have the world's biggest sweet tooth!!)


So all is well now with comp prep, it feels like it is all finally coming together. Now just gotta get my personal/work life sorted and will be happy as a pig in shit (thanks Tara - "borrowed" your line!!)



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are feeling better. It's great that you can take in more carbs and still get good results. I don't believe in a no carb diet or even a very low one, we need to function :-)
    Listening to your body is the best thing you can do, your going to be awesome.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb. To be honest, I have no idea what I was thinking...my own fault for listening to too many different people and not my body!! I think that cos I am doing the diet on my own this time round I have been sourcing ideas from all over the place, where in the past when I wrote my own diet I didn't really know any other competitors so just did my own thing. Anyway I know better now - and you are right - I am usually so, so against low carb diets!
    Anyway back on track now so all happy :)
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! I feel as if I wrote your blog!!!!!!! Same thing going on with me.....NO CARBS, tons of veggies and protein...BUT! getting weaker, cranky, lethargic and I wanna kill everyone!!!!!! Spoke with a trainer today who bet me I would FEEL and LOOK EVEN BETTER if I just added them to meal one two and three, the rest of the day NO CARBS...hmmmm, we will see. I have very low blood sugar too! glad to see Im not alone!
    Stay well, and eat some pasta! Im going to! :O)
    Tina

    ReplyDelete