Monday, July 20, 2009

I wanna grow me some of these...

OK, so maybe sans the facial features, arms and legs. But you get the picture...right? COCONUT SHOULDERS!!

Trained delts this morning and, well - scuse the language, but F*&K me they are already a tad on the tender side. I know I mentioned in last night's post that I was suffering DOMS in the old shoulders from Friday's boxing session but seriously, I woke up feeling brand new (unless you count my hamstrings feeling like they were made of peices of rope that were oh, 60cm too short for my legs - but that's another story). Shoulders were all good, which made me happy, as it meant I could give them my all today. Program changed this week (I like to change programs after 3 cycles so my body don't get too used to anything) and I quite clearly wrote a killer shoulder program...as I had DOMS within about 90mins of finishing. Seriously. My traps feel like they could use a steam train run over them to get some of the tension out!! hehe Good feeling though.

So I ended this morning's weights session with a 40min fatburner session on my famous stepper (yep, I have officially claimed the machine. I figure I spend more time in a day on that bloody thing than any of the members spend in a month so it should be known as mine). Food was going really really well until I hit a pissed off, hungry moment at work and bought myself a 50g packet of mixed fruit and nuts from our little charity confectionary thingo in the staff room (I know, not so bad, could have been worse - like the raspberry bullets I actually felt like eating but either way, it was not part of my plan for the day so wasn't wrapped with myself). Aside from that slip up all fine.

Finished work at 8pm and followed it with a HIIT session. 30min on the tready of 1min walk / 1min hard run, which was the first time I have tried to run since hurting my achilles about 6 or 8 weeks ago. Rounded that up with a final 10min HIIT session on the stepper then sat in the Detox Box for 10mins...HEAVEN! But let me just say...if my hammies weren't bloody sore earlier today, they fricken are now!! And I am ravenous...but have eaten my eggwhites already so won't be having anything more for the night.

Unfortunately no news on the 'waiting for it' news front, other than being told I will definitely receive the answer on it tomorrow...so watch this space (yes very intriguing I know).

So that's my wrap up for tonight. Til next time, train hard and be good :)

Vic x

1 comment:

  1. hurry up with the news already vicki!! lol the suspense is killing me ;o)

    ReplyDelete